Car Alarm Questions: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I won’t say “anti-theft” because as CruisinFJ60 said, “If they want your rig they will take it”… So, as a theft deterrent I went with the AutoLock brake pedal lock.

60s get stolen... :confused:

You guys had be going on the Trunk Monkey thing. I am not an avid TV watcher so I guess I missed these commercials (if they even are commercials). I kept looking down Google for a real device .... oh, well. Fool me once, fool me .... fool me .... ya never be fooled again (George Bush quote).

Back on topic. I am going to Mexico, does LoJack work there? I just want to be able (most of the time) to sleep in a cheap hotel and have my car there when I wake up. (Although I hear the bus system is great should it disappear.)

I think that I may need as the most effective means, a brake petal lock first (any model work with the FJ62 or not work that I should be aware of?). What about a log chain run through the tire rims and padlocked? Bolt cutters would easily take care of that I suppose.

I know there is nothing perfect, just looking for something or a series of somethings to make the theif say that the next car down the street would be a lot easier than mine. Any suggestions from those in the know would be appreciated.

Seriously, a kill switch and a pedal/steering wheel lock should be more than enough for your trip. You’ll have a visible deterrent and a back up just in case they break through the locks. I really can’t see someone spending a lot of time or effort to defeat those basic security measures down there during your road trip and I can’t imagine a professional theft ring “targeting” your 60 for theft. Just make sure to take your valuables inside your hotel with you wherever you stay. You should be more concerned with a “smash-and-grab” theft of property within your vehicle than someone actually taking your 60. :cheers:

Seriously, a kill switch and a pedal/steering wheel lock should be more than enough for your trip. You’ll have a visible deterrent and a back up just in case they break through the locks. I really can’t see someone spending a lot of time or effort to defeat those basic security measures down there during your road trip and I can’t imagine a professional theft ring “targeting” your 60 for theft. Just make sure to take your valuables inside your hotel with you wherever you stay. You should be more concerned with a “smash-and-grab” theft of property within your vehicle than someone actually taking your 60.

Fixed it for ya!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom