Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Ryan is there any room left in the cabin. One of my buddies is thinking about coming out.

I def recommend that if u guys have fuel cans to bring them. I am going to bring two along but one is going to be of diesel for my truck just in case I need more fuel. Also should we figure out who is bringing what or do we really want to bring 8 different stoves?
I was thinking that maybe we can do a potluck style dinner on Friday and Saturday?

Was talking with Adam yesterday. What do we think about doing a boil one night?

Reactions: AJR
I have a bayou cooker, I could get all the food together for the boil. I was thinking everyone could pitch in $5 or $10 to cover the cost of the food. We did a boil on an Upstate trip a few months ago and it was awesome.

I def recommend that if u guys have fuel cans to bring them. I am going to bring two along but one is going to be of diesel for my truck just in case I need more fuel. Also should we figure out who is bringing what or do we really want to bring 8 different stoves?
I was thinking that maybe we can do a potluck style dinner on Friday and Saturday?
I can bring my Camp Chef stove, and the cooker if we all want to the Boil. I'll bring one propane tank, that should be enough for both the stove and cooker. I'm also bringing 1 window air conditioner, and I should be able to bring a generator if needed. If we're covered on generators capable of running a window air unit, then I wont bother messing with mine as it hasn't run in a couple years and its likely I'll have to mess with it to get it running.

I know nothing about the new generators from work I am bringing. I will mess with it on Monday and figure out what kind of power it is putting out.

do we just connect the generator to the cabin or do we have to run extension cords inside?

I have a couple long assextension cords I can bring.

I like the boil idea.

I was thinking I could make fajitas. Just bring my bigger grill. Same thing. If people pitch I. I can bring enough meat for everybody that wants to eat.
If not I will just bring my small grill.

I know nothing about the new generators from work I am bringing. I will mess with it on Monday and figure out what kind of power it is putting out.

do we just connect the generator to the cabin or do we have to run extension cords inside?

I have a couple long assextension cords I can bring.
I was out there a couple years ago, all the cabins I saw were pre-wired for a generator. They had a little hut that was maybe 100' from the cabin that you stick the generator in and plug in to the cabin.

I like the boil idea.

I was thinking I could make fajitas. Just bring my bigger grill. Same thing. If people pitch I. I can bring enough meat for everybody that wants to eat.
I like it, Fajitas one night, Boil another? There's going to be some serious butthole fire

I'm also bringing a ton of firewood, It's starting to look like the cruiser wont be an option with the amount crap I'm hauling.

I like the boil idea.

My Camp Chef has the griddle and Grill add on

My Camp Chef has the griddle and Grill add on

I'll have a skottle for cooking as well. I'm happy to throw in for either/both a boil and/or fajitas if we want to do group meals Friday & Saturday night.

I'll have a skottle for cooking as well. I'm happy to throw in for either/both a boil and/or fajitas if we want to do group meals Friday & Saturday night.
I'm happy paying. I'm bringing the 73 , but still.will have some room.

Hey guys looking forward to meeting some more of you on this trip. We are going to be in cabin 8 with 4 adults, 4 kids, ages 5,7,9,10. Three boys and one girl. I did that very early in case no kids were coming. Didn’t want to spoil the adult festivities. Doesn’t look like an issue now however !! 97 LX450 and a 2000 4Runner. I was Reading through the thread and saw some more mentions of generators and a/c. My question is what style of plug is in the generator house? Reg three prong or Larger RV style? Also i saw some mention of larger, big wattage generators. Just an FYI the site says no generators bigger than 5k watts. Mainly does anyone remember the plug style?

Hey guys looking forward to meeting some more of you on this trip. We are going to be in cabin 8 with 4 adults, 4 kids, ages 5,7,9,10. Three boys and one girl. I did that very early in case no kids were coming. Didn’t want to spoil the adult festivities. Doesn’t look like an issue now however !! 97 LX450 and a 2000 4Runner. I was Reading through the thread and saw some more mentions of generators and a/c. My question is what style of plug is in the generator house? Reg three prong or Larger RV style? Also i saw some mention of larger, big wattage generators. Just an FYI the site says no generators bigger than 5k watts. Mainly does anyone remember the plug style?
Hmmm, I guess my generator is going to require some presidential sharpie action to reduce the wattage. I don’t recall what the plugs were, or how that was set up. When I was there, I didn’t have a generator, I just saw other people using them.

UPDATE: There has been some shuffling of people/accommodations. The amount owed will go up. @AJR initially was going to take over cabin 12, but has decided to open it back up. That means we will be able to spread out, but the price per person has increased to $56.37. We are thinking a quiet cabin for those that go to bed early and the other cabin can be the main hub for people that might stay up a little later. I did not include @weekenderlander since I have not received any confirmation. If he and his wife join, it will drop down to $47.70/per person.

Remember that I have paid $620 out of pocket, so be prepared to pay me cash first thing Friday night (once we know the final count). Please don't make me have to bug you for the money.

Venmo: @Ryan-Anderson-115
Paypal: ryan@cruiser-classifieds.com

Cabin 11 & 12
1. @raanderson77 - PAID
2. @raanderson77 guest - PAID
3. @GLTHFJ60 - ($39 credit) $17.37
4. @forrest5000 - ($39 credit) $17.37
5. @SeanLX - $56.37
6. @SFROMAN - $56.37
7. @SFROMAN guest - $56.37
8. @AJR $225.49
9. Soren
10. Mabel
11. Ida
15. @weekenderlander ?
16. @weekenderlander ?

Update on the cabin arrangements

Last edited:
Definitely! Fajitas and Boil sound great.

I can bring a portable air conditioner. Generator should run 2 units with no problem and with this heat it should help.
I've got gas cans if I can catch up with Del to get them in the back of the truck. (not good inside LC)

I've also got a cast iron fish fry pan. It's like a griddle with sides. I'll bring that for frying hush puppies and fish if we happen to catch anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom