Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roost guard
Must be to protect the driveline from debris coming off the front tires. Cannot imagine it is for the benefit of other race competitors unless this is a required item to race in particular events.

It's insurance from flying rocks.

Do any digging on rally, dakar, or US desert race vehicles, and protecting the underside of the car and especially the rear suspension from the rocks that go flying from the front tires is a huge deal.

The Dakar 200s (and I'm sure 300s) have very involved sheets of hard plastic attached to the rear lower control arms, set up to hinge where needed, to deflect all the flying stuff downward where it can't destroy shocks, brake lines, etc. It's pretty interesting to see these solutions to problems most of us wouldn't think about.

Here's the dakar 200 rear suspension shock and guard setup. Credit to Kurt, via DMC

rear suspension.jpg

As noted, it protects our rear shocks primarily.

When is Monica's next go?

Team Canguro is full force here in Mexico. Last year we ran Monica and supported the Jaos LX600 efforts. This year we are here solely to support their race efforts including driving and co-driving duties in their car.

I've started a thread on this years adventure here:

Team Canguro is full force here in Mexico. Last year we ran Monica and supported the Jaos LX600 efforts. This year we are here solely to support their race efforts including driving and co-driving duties in their car.

I've started a thread on this years adventure here:

Curious what the root cause of last years issue was?

Curious what the root cause of last years issue was?
Kurt can correct me, but I recall from a conversation that a camshaft sensor wasn't fully tighten and backed out.

Kurt can correct me, but I recall from a conversation that a camshaft sensor wasn't fully tighten and backed out.

Hate it when one of the horses try to escape from under the hood. That's racing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom