TLCA Cancelled! - 32nd Annual Rubithon Wagon Run Official Thread, Date Change - August 19-23, 2020 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MountNGoat

KK6WRY. Always Learning
GOLD Star
Threads
It doesn’t seem possible that we’re ready to start planning another Rubithon Wagon Run, but with Chairman Dick Thompson’s (@reddingcruiser ) post today that the 32nd Annual Rubithon registration is now open, that’s what we’re doing!!

2020 Rubithon Registration | The Annual TLCA 4D Event

Wagon Run dates and times:

Start: Wednesday Aug 19, 2020, 7:00 am, Loon Lake trailhead.

Finish: Sunday Aug 23th, Tahoma Staging Area

As the name would imply, on the surface the Wagon Run is about 55’s, 60’s, 62’s, 70's, 80’s, 100’s … and if you’re really brave, 200 series. But more than that it’s about anybody in any Cruiser that want’s to be part of a low key run focused on making sure you have a good time and get through the trail. This is a great run for the experienced 'first timer' - as it was for me. In addition to “wagons” we’ve had 40’s, 45’s, FJ Cruisers, Tacos, 4Runners and even built Buggies! Each year I’ve been blessed with fantastic people, both family and friends, that volunteer to be part of the team to help ensure your trip is successful, and this year is no exception. Obviously the more you stray from the “Wagon” theme the lower the chances of having spare parts within the group should you need them, so consider and plan accordingly.

Chairman Dick’s official post about the 32 Annual Rubithon is here: TLCA - 32nd Annual Rubithon Official Thread, Date Change - August 18-23, 2020

Check it out for a lot of great info. In addition to the requirements therein, for the Wagon Run I’m asking that you have a minimum of a rear locker (front AND rear strongly preferred), a winch, and front/rear/side/bottom armor. While 33’s on Wagons are doable (BTDT), it’s amazing what a difference 35’s make. Last year’s Wagon Run thread has more info, plus directions to Loon Lake and other important logistics – please check it out: 2019 Rubithon Wagon Run. Note the 7:00 am start time! The link to last year’s thread has more info on why we do this and why it’s important to be there on time.

Communications within the group are extremely important and will be by HAM radio, on 2m frequency 146.400 or 146.460 MHz as radio traffic may dictate. HAM radio requires a license to transmit on, except in emergencies. While passing the HAM license testing isn’t difficult, if you are not HAM licensed an inexpensive hand held radio will allow you to hear communications important to the run, and in the event of an emergency you have the ability to communicate with the group. Please contact me if you have ANY concerns or difficulty being equipped to communicate this way.

The run is limited to 20 trucks total, so get signed up soon! We’re going to have a fantastic time, and I’m looking forward to seeing old friends, making new ones, spending time with the family, and enjoying the awesome experience that the Rubicon Trail provides. Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Steve Pryor

1580273613477.png

Last edited:
Just a reminder to everyone planning to register for the 32nd Annual Rubithon - like last year, there will a monthly drawing for an extra grand prize ticket from among ALL the registrants from all of the previous months. This means if you registered in January you get 6 chances to win, in February you get 5, and so on. The last drawing will be made on June 15th, so in effect, there will be two drawings in June.

My only suggestion and i am not sure how it could be done . Is to try and make the Raffle a little more I am not sure Fair is the word ? . I know Cruise Moab has changed how they do theres this year . .

Well, I don't have the deer-in-the-headlights feeling this year and plan to put my own spin on a few things, so anything is possible ;)

Signed up! Missed out last year due to only being allowed 1 event (Cruise Moab) but am itching to get back on the Rubicon. Looking foward to June!

Signed up! Missed out last year due to only being allowed 1 event (Cruise Moab) but am itching to get back on the Rubicon. Looking foward to June!

Awesome! Wife and baby coming too??

Awesome! Wife and baby coming too??

I tried to talk her into an "adults only" Rubithon with us leaving both kids at my parents but our daughter will just be a year in June and currently does not take a bottle......so next year! If I'm feeling bold, I may bring the 100 but likely play it safe with the 80.

Signed up this morning, I sure hope I make the cut !!

So very excited.

jonathan and co-driver...

Shooting for next year. Starting the LS conversion on my LX450 soon.

Signed up this morning, I sure hope I make the cut !!

So very excited.

jonathan and co-driver...

Awesome, Johnathan! What are you driving?

Subscribing, but will sadly miss the main event. In for the early run tho...

Just registered to save my spot. I haven't even told my wife yet. Hush @CandyPants!! I may hold onto this surprise for a bit. Now I gotta make sure I can get the PTO on the work calendar. This trip will eat up just about all I have.

Just registered to save my spot. I haven't even told my wife yet. Hush @CandyPants!! I may hold onto this surprise for a bit. Now I gotta make sure I can get the PTO on the work calendar. This trip will eat up just about all I have.
Yahoo . a parts rig lol .

My lips are sealed! And whoooohooooo!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom