Can I disable the Sunroof? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in south Florida and I use the remote to roll the windows down all the time. I just don't want the sunroof to open every time. I unplugged both harnesses under the sunroof switch, but that just disabled the switch, the sunroof still slides open when I use the remote. anyone know which wires i need to cut/switch for the sunroof motor? Can I do it without removing the headliner?
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's possible to disable auto-opening the sunroof but still auto-open the windows by changing a parameter using Toyota Techstream. You can get a cheap cable on Amazon to connect a laptop to OBD2 port and find a copy of the software online -- sometimes the cable manufacturer includes it on a CD with the cable.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to disable auto-opening the sunroof but still auto-open the windows by changing a parameter using Toyota Techstream. You can get a cheap cable on Amazon to connect a laptop to OBD2 port and find a copy of the software online -- sometimes the cable manufacturer includes it on a CD with the cable.
I suppose that would be ideal! Can anyone with techstream verify this?

I am pretty sure it is in there. Been a while.

Sorry to get your hopes up. I don't see an option for controlling the opening of the sunroof with the windows. Here is the screen of settings for the windows going down with the button. I checked all the other screens -- nothing about the sunroof.

Techstream [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox_032.png

Here's the wiring diagram for the moonroof. I'm thinking one of the wires from the Body ECU to the Moon Roof ECU/Motor.

Attachments

• mr.pdf
    115.8 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom