Builds CAMPTEQ's 80 Series Pop top Prototype (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3/4 is the way to go for me. I'm thinking of interior layout possibilities and was just doing the same as @LandCruiserPhil with the measurements.

I was thinking about a build that would leave one rear seat, but I'm not sure. I'd really like an area to sit, maybe something fold down and a small swing out table for eating or a laptop.

The other side would need to hold the fridge and have a place to put the stove if I needed to cook something inside...

I'd be losing the storage in the arb drawers and haven't figured that out yet.. I'm wondering if this platform is just too small for those ideas ????

What are you planning Phil?

J

Im just clouding my head with ideas and options at this point.

I dont really have that luxury, part of the Sell of this project to my wife was that she would be able to change clothes and use the privy inside out of the elements!

My bed will lift so your wife will be able to change cloths in mine.:grinpimp: But with no access panel or the sort to get upstairs. Plan also includes adding heat to lower and upper bed area.

Unseasonably warm last night so I went to a nearby lake for the night. I took some more pictures of my platform bed. It’s still a work in progress as I’m working out the details.

2A49C73E-0664-48F2-B813-3554BE294F1A.jpeg

0E10956E-488D-4B1E-A828-8D0260FBC30B.jpeg

C95F2AC7-6532-4F2D-9F4B-76C3B072F4ED.jpeg

C50ABB71-E4BE-4E52-B66A-1AEE42A5CBE3.jpeg

186B122C-14E6-4244-B93A-04557CB3223B.jpeg

Your bed system looks great! You may want to trim and sand your corners before you seal the wood so they don't wear a hole in your canvas!

3/4 currently. I haven’t done anything with the plywood because I’m still deciding if this is my long term solution. I would like to use something lighter in a composite form, but I haven’t figured out what to use.

3/4 is the way to go for me. I'm thinking of interior layout possibilities and was just doing the same as @LandCruiserPhil with the measurements.

I was thinking about a build that would leave one rear seat, but I'm not sure. I'd really like an area to sit, maybe something fold down and a small swing out table for eating or a laptop.

The other side would need to hold the fridge and have a place to put the stove if I needed to cook something inside...

I'd be losing the storage in the arb drawers and haven't figured that out yet.. I'm wondering if this platform is just too small for those ideas ????

What are you planning Phil?

J

I have looked at quite a few interior builds and feel like the "goose" build offers the most functional floor plan.

IMG_20180511_124012196_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180511_124121242_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180606_153450707_HDR.jpg

3/4 currently. I haven’t done anything with the plywood because I’m still deciding if this is my long term solution. I would like to use something lighter in a composite form, but I haven’t figured out what to use.

I am looking seriously at Aluminum Honeycomb Composit, really neat stuff! Super light ans Strong!

I plan to use Baltic Birch plywood first, and when done testing and modifying go to AHC.

As far as cooking go's it will be a Jet Boil camp stove on the inside for hot water and a Partner Steel cook stove on the rear swing out tire carrier shelf.
I will also have a heat exchanger hot water heater with a 4 gallon tank with a mixing valve for hot water for dishes and showers!

I wish I had that much room to work with !!!

Its all a compromise the additional size reduces wheeling ability an important detail for me and many.

Layout is key having camped out of several size boxes and the largest not being the best for me. In a perfect world my box inside dimensions would be 65"x94" using an 18" dove tail. Not that much larger than an 80 inside.

As far as cooking go's it will be a Jet Boil camp stove on the inside for hot water and a Partner Steel cook stove on the rear swing out tire carrier shelf.
I will also have a heat exchanger hot water heater with a 4 gallon tank with a mixing valve for hot water for dishes and showers!

Recent testing tells me you can easily get by with a 10 lit heat exchanger with plenty of warm water in the morning. Under 15 gal total per week for water is what testing showed with washing your hair twice in that time but no full blown shower. Hand spray nozzle seems to be the most efficient source.

I found an outside water source much more useful than inside. Pictured is what I will be leaning to. Using an inside sink for washing anything is a PIA IMO.

N8mzQqk4wEcx_ceQJ55bwHSGNR35EirJYqyUtJhS-YY8EtanoH_Ui5DtGSH2Uz1UTPGBw_HE_zZ6aZ2AwRh2NMZwUXQZTJ_scNh-C-U1JVDE7wE_2U5YN3er0E0X0dsPUrVCHFZbGkA0H8rIe01DTMfHPtUeKQZ59KvJVDnXG6e4NJhUNgVBOmmJEo3VXhS7ZSTyT2vBOiG-KVAndwKoaGtMgsWji0yhcgkqIs_Mykfu6KMCOMoQcqIIF2Wv0TCdIpZU8spsVUMVTQI54mFdNkcdzyTYsq-3QzPKwUo6yZWfqgmzctDNAtdAEllqSvFLnmkfTig4YMDyWOlU4WGt2cuNfd39ORHBD-iN9W5vmULENt3T9ECoGTxSBb2fWQtDolxHuBUqHcBMlfvu825504uZyi2fqEMDZJ7F3Um7lMt7K32bNbMZr54nrQN0qwAsVBGRq-ANShd-8dkHPpsAzrGiVsfUWw8DwmXJJk_TJUHaMw0Bqq5K_oCRYm93wBMBbwKCsPvFfobCdFuyM_YzUkCHy_csbKI_M4q8Ngcyg_L8WbPbI2umXCTHtLuiNeT_fcvtwv1CiVvv4EO5TZH8lTM_htQdwh3_jE0LiAY-oCERLAUttrbz7EEedEP5xWl13zhdCc75lWPxngstCJMalFI91w=w1407-h938-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom