Camping on the cheap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FYI, if you take out the rear seat bottom, a cheap Walmart fullsize air mattress fits in the back almost perfectly. My wife and I used it for camping this weekend....worked out really nicely with some sheets to hang over the windows. IMG_20170303_174509.jpg

Yes you don't have to be loaded to enjoy your Landcruiser.

I was really hesitant to get a LC because of the amount of money people spend on their rigs on this site....

I'll be sleeping in the back of mine as well

Want a quick way to fit two 6 ft + dudes in the back? Drill out the bottom hing pins for quick release. Pull the bottom bench and slide the front seats forward. In the rear footwell put bags or gear to fill the void and stretch out.

IMG_1486.JPG

Yes you don't have to be loaded to enjoy your Landcruiser.

I was really hesitant to get a LC because of the amount of money people spend on their rigs on this site....

I'll be sleeping in the back of mine as well

I'm on a mission to keep it cheap.

Next up is a cheap roof rack. Pro line sells three commercial van-top cross bars for $90. I'm going to try that, and put down a piece of treated plywood for the base with some u-bolts for tie downs. There are a couple of beer kegs around here that will become water tank and fuel tank instead of jerry cans.

Want a quick way to fit two 6 ft + dudes in the back? Drill out the bottom hing pins for quick release. Pull the bottom bench and slide the front seats forward. In the rear footwell put bags or gear to fill the void and stretch out.
Nice tip. I just unbolted it this time. I'll see if I put it in and out that much.

That's sweet! just a hitch pin? Did it create any unwanted effects like rattles or slop in the seat?

Nothing that I can tell (audibly). There was some negative feedback about this on the forums due to the lack of a pin clip to retain bottom seat mount.

Overall this is great and very convenient. I can look up the McMaster-Car order of that helps at all.

I agree with keeping it cheap I sleep in the back of mine all the time, I have no desire for a RTT or the hassle of a trailer with my 60 or 100

Nothing that I can tell (audibly). There was some negative feedback about this on the forums due to the lack of a pin clip to retain bottom seat mount.

Overall this is great and very convenient. I can look up the McMaster-Car order of that helps at all.

Sweet! Yes, I'd love the part numbers you used if you have them handy.

Part number is in the photo just under the price.

IMG_2179.PNG

Wait, you guys dont get it, there MUST be an 80 dollar ARB pin!

I sleep inside so the bench has to go for the extra space to not sleep diagonally and I try to use the roof crates to keep the inside empty; fail

Wait, you guys dont get it, there MUST be an 80 dollar ARB pin!

I sleep inside so the bench has to go for the extra space to not sleep diagonally and I try to use the roof crates to keep the inside empty; fail

I have a Yakima roof box, I found out the lower bench fits nicely in there (ski trips)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom