Camping fuel differences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Does anyone know if I can mix Coleman fuel with Crown Camping fuel? I've got a little bit of each in cans and then have 3 MSR fuel bottles with both products in them (not mixed) that I'd like to empty back into one gallon can.

Thanks,

rmf

They should both be naphtha unless your talking Coleman propane or Crown denatured aclohol. If they're both naphtha, I don't see any reason why you can't mix 'em.

use the mixes while car camping and/or are carrying a back-up of known quality. When I camp at "campgrounds" I collect residuals from fuel cans people set next to dumpsters...Sunday's are best. I seldom spend money on white gas/coleman/etc.....I do this to save the planet...You can thank me later.....Mostly I do it 'cause I am cheap. I also predominantly use this fuel in a60's vintage green coleman 2 burner that is tough to harm and easy to repair....

I've been cooking off of the same 2 cans that I found at garage sales for about 8 years... shelf life seems to be ok on the stuff and I hope to find some more 2nd hand when I run out.

Save the planet! Go dumpster diving!!

:cheers:

I think the green colemans are indestructable(unless youre a yuppie who has no clue....)

I need to get some fuel for my trifuel coleman exponent stove. I think I'll call my buddy that I gave a gallon to in 2004 when i used his greenie for a beach campin trip....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom