Camper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in process of design of the camper for the LC80 , sure that this is long way to go but wanted to share the CAD overview of the build:

The frame would be from the aluminum, TIG welded by some welder I hope to find in the future. The bonding the same as everybody else - sikaflex. Theh composite panels would be from uro-camper.

That will be awesome. You planning on keeping the back seats? Wonder what the curb weight would be and if the 1FZ could handle it.

Yes, planning on keeping the back two seats (getting rid of the third seat)

What CAD software are you using? Based on the screenshots it is not Solidworks.

catia v5 is the software

Or you could just take the easy route.......saw this yesterday in Milwaukee, WI

redneck inn.JPG

catia v5 is the software
Catia, have not heard that name in quite a while. I used it for a short time many, many years ago. Have been full time on Solidworks since 2003. Hope your project turns out wonderful!

Yes, this is kind of project that once you begin there is no way back. Hope to make it right at least from the safety point of view. The frame of the camper would be attached to the enforced c pillar of the cruiser the same way as here:

Catia, have not heard that name in quite a while. I used it for a short time many, many years ago. Have been full time on Solidworks since 2003. Hope your project turns out wonderful!

I only use Catia at my work. We contract with all the major commercial aerospace/airframers. They all use Catia! Took me about 5 years of using it everyday until I finally started to "enjoy it". haha.

Awesome vehicle. What snorkle is that under the 70's topper?

@Jorgito a couple picture you may like if you have not seen it before.

View attachment 1903047

View attachment 1903048
Yes, that's the template. What I am not sure is how extrem fahrzeuge attached the frame to the body. Custom campers which is the fork of the innovation campers does it by enforcing the c pillar. I don't see any enforcement here.

Here is the process of making the camper by extrem fahrzeuge:

looks good. Interested in build as considering a poptop on my 80. May visit URO on way thru Spain in next few weeks as head on Morocco trip

Found company in Russia who would do that for a much lower price than Germans and the quality is the same as Spanish URO - Camper , basically it looks just like URO - Camper copy. I was quoted 25 000 $ for a complete drive-in / out camper rebuild with all the furniture and water tanks installed.

Russian company is @camperrussia on insta , some of their work can be seen there.sure it is pretty far away but maybe this could be a good option

50321648-F4B4-464E-A8BE-71E9A1B14E44.png

30F97219-6818-4FCA-B149-48A6A3469B0F.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom