Camp music (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As far as tech goes I have a small Grundig FR200 SW radio that is fun to play with if you get on top of a mountain away from RF pollution.

Lighten up Francis.

I often venture off for two days by myself and when I do I often bring a beat up acoustic I keep around, but other times I have a great time with a POD or POD HD and an old Strat or whatever. 15 vintage amp sims and numerous pedals with a pair of ear buds brings enormous fun.

Nice collection BTW.

I don't really have any favorite camping music, and usually don't listen to any. But I also don't drink that much anymore either. :rolleyes:

turn it down, you prude...

I have camped in many locations that are far outside of the Loons natural territory, but have heard them and their like. For a wild creature, it's surprising how close they will come to a humans campsite, sometimes, it sounds like they are fight next to us.

It is also surprising, that a single loon can make such a deep and thunderous sound, and when a group of loons get together, the sound emitted can be very disturbing! At times it just echos through the area.

Loons can be flocking disturbing!

Really depends on if we have cell reception to get Pandora or not. If not then my wife always has a mix of alternative/rock/r&b that we put on with everything from metallica to bob marley on it.

For speaker, well normally we had the GoalZero rechargeable but it was the older version that required being plugged in. Now we have a Logitech Ultimate Ears Boom that we take with us. Keep your eyes on DailySteals as it and the MiniBoom often pop up for cheap, I was able to get the MiniBoom new for $49 (normally $99) and the Boom for $129 (normally $199).

OMG- I almost went psycho killer ape shat on some 18yo POS citykin...I gave them every chance to "enjoy their "MUSIC"" at the expense of my enjoyment of nature at a respectful audible level, but that only gave them the idea that the volume needed to be increased slowly so the OLD FOLKS wouldn';t notice going up...but I am NOT that old folk yet

This is why I carry a Vuvuzela with me. Nothing is as obnoxious as a Vuvuzela.

Love to play some acoustic guitar and mandolin. People can be real douches in regards to sound levels. I do my best to camp far, far away from anyone. Firing off a few rounds from the AR also seems to help clear the air.

Camping in the desert (somewhere like canyonlands) listen to Terry Allen: Juarez.

Me personally, I don't like music in camp. I Camp to get away from the sounds of the city and just clear the mind. If you bring good friends with you camping then the laughs and chit chat are way better then the music!

Invariably, your music will be annoying to someone else. Music in camp that you can hear outside of your truck is rude. Most of us go off the beaten path to get away from such distractions.

Live music around the fire, though is great. It's a completely different animal and tends to be quieter. Because its creative, doesn't seem to be as annoying.

Agreed with Cruiserdrew, there is something about acoustic guitar and a camp fire that is very soothing. I always enjoy camping with people that have the ability to play one. It is totally different than recorded music, it's warm, and not over amplified.

Picked up this little speaker a few months ago and I have been quite happy with it, enough to recommend it. It's about 6" square, 2" tall and puts out a great sound. Not Bose Soundlink quality, but damn near it and for less than $30. I got mine on special for $25 on Amz, but I'd pay $30 all day long. It's got a solar charging system to keep the battery topped off and sits well on the dash of my truck when not in use. Out of the box, you will need to charge it with the USB cable, but once the initial charge, I've just used solar to keep it going. It also functions as a USB output charger in a pinch to keep your phone from dying, but I've never truly tested that capacity. It has a LED flashlight element built into one edge that works as an adequate table lamp, but just don't expect to go caving with it.

Amazon product ASIN B073SLQDWH
1590761179903.png

What is the consensus on music in camp?
I usually like just listening to the sounds of n nature, but sometimes you want a little festivity.
For me the first choice is live music, I love when somebody than can play even half decent brings a guitar.
Khruangbin

Please just give me quiet.

anything really, or just the crackle of the fire and the sounds of conversation. Sometimes a little noise is not bad because the silence is deafening.

anything really, or just the crackle of the fire and the sounds of conversation. Sometimes a little noise is not bad because the silence is deafening.
City folk...;)

Any kind of music will help keep the bears away. That is if you're in Alaska!
I heard you should cook bacon right before you go to bed to scare the bears away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom