Camp music (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
What is the consensus on music in camp?
I usually like just listening to the sounds of n nature, but sometimes you want a little festivity.
For me the first choice is live music, I love when somebody than can play even half decent brings a guitar.

I listen to just about anything -- 80's, country, pop, rap, rock, grunge. When in camp though, for whatever reason, I like to listen to Robert Earl Keen and a little country music.

Have never played music camping, I guess I kind of want to get away from that and other stuff when I camp.
Ditto ^^^
If you are going to be playing music.....DO NOT camp anywhere near me.....

OMG- I almost went psycho killer ape shat on some 18yo POS citykin...I gave them every chance to "enjoy their "MUSIC"" at the expense of my enjoyment of nature at a respectful audible level, but that only gave them the idea that the volume needed to be increased slowly so the OLD FOLKS wouldn';t notice going up...but I am NOT that old folk yet- and I noticed the gain....ain't no Oakie Fanokie swamp pig here; no frog in a slowly boiling pot...they wore out their welcome with their rave s***-music that makes crunk rap seem to have musical value...if I had been driving a jeep, I'd have tossed their fire all over their campsite; instead I just drove thru it gunning it screaming something about this music just makes me want to get up and DANCE WHOOHOO PARTY TIME!!! YOU FAWKING FLOPS. then stopped and let the engine idle so they could here me tell them to get the F-out of our woods in no uncertain terms...man what I would have given for a dam banjo...if you play electronically generated music while camping near me, it had BETTER be the fawkin Dead or turn it the Fawkoff. If you have instruments, I say play away- any genre you can pluck out decently, is ok with me...and GENERATORS? let's just say that sugar ain't just for coffee while camping...don't run you machine at night and then leave it alone while you're out hiking the next day and expect it to work when you get back...best to leave those stereos and generators at home when you go.....CAMPING. jebus. did we really just have to discuss noise respect in the woods? you city cruisers and mall cruisers need to be respectful when you come to our woods. Savvy?

Lol we listen to country but not loud at all.

I even have a small electric guitar with a built in speaker/amp (the funny looking one behind the TV), but I really have no desire to even play it when camping.
As you can see here I am really into guitars big time, I just feel the need to disconnect from music in general when camping, and listen to Ma Nature instead.

1.jpg

Slayer or Neil Young, depending on crowd

Dude, yes. Hah.

Camping with my dad in the day we'd listen to Neil Young, Bob Marley, Velvet Underground, etc...

Now a days its more Slayer, Death, Burzum, Darkthrone, and about 1000 other metal bands I can cram on my iPod.

Have never played music camping, I guess I kind of want to get away from that and other stuff when I camp.
Never put on a little Barry White to set the mood, if you know what I mean.

Ditto ^^^
If you are going to be playing music.....DO NOT camp anywhere near me.....
Agreed, I never play music when camped on a public campground or with a group. It's just rude. We do listen to music when we boondocks sometimes, it kind of depends on the situation.

Never put on a little Barry White to set the mood, if you know what I mean.
For sure, it may bring out the bears, and they would be mating in your campsite :D

The only thing I carry is a small portable/rechargeable Bluetooth Braven speaker that connects to my music player on the phone. You really can't even hear it 10-15' away.

^^ ditto. I've got a little bluetooth cube that can get loud enough to be a nuisance, but most of the time we keep low enough that the crickets and frogs drown out the sound anywhere outside our site.

OMG- I almost went psycho killer ape shat on some 18yo POS citykin...I gave them every chance to "enjoy their "MUSIC"" at the expense of my enjoyment of nature at a respectful audible level, but that only gave them the idea that the volume needed to be increased slowly so the OLD FOLKS wouldn';t notice going up...but I am NOT that old folk yet- and I noticed the gain....ain't no Oakie Fanokie swamp pig here; no frog in a slowly boiling pot...they wore out their welcome with their rave s***-music that makes crunk rap seem to have musical value...if I had been driving a jeep, I'd have tossed their fire all over their campsite; instead I just drove thru it gunning it screaming something about this music just makes me want to get up and DANCE WHOOHOO PARTY TIME!!! YOU FAWKING FLOPS. then stopped and let the engine idle so they could here me tell them to get the F-out of our woods in no uncertain terms...man what I would have given for a dam banjo...if you play electronically generated music while camping near me, it had BETTER be the fawkin Dead or turn it the Fawkoff. If you have instruments, I say play away- any genre you can pluck out decently, is ok with me...and GENERATORS? let's just say that sugar ain't just for coffee while camping...don't run you machine at night and then leave it alone while you're out hiking the next day and expect it to work when you get back...best to leave those stereos and generators at home when you go.....CAMPING. jebus. did we really just have to discuss noise respect in the woods? you city cruisers and mall cruisers need to be respectful when you come to our woods. Savvy?

Lighten up Francis.

I even have a small electric guitar with a built in speaker/amp (the funny looking one behind the TV), but I really have no desire to even play it when camping.
As you can see here I am really into guitars big time, I just feel the need to disconnect from music in general when camping, and listen to Ma Nature instead.

I often venture off for two days by myself and when I do I often bring a beat up acoustic I keep around, but other times I have a great time with a POD or POD HD and an old Strat or whatever. 15 vintage amp sims and numerous pedals with a pair of ear buds brings enormous fun.

Nice collection BTW.

I don't really have any favorite camping music, and usually don't listen to any. But I also don't drink that much anymore either. :rolleyes:

A lot of PFloyd's later stuff is great for the camp--low. An acoustic is good too but I do like the Loons----
1.jpg

Careful with that Axe, Eugene...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom