Calling on Ironman Classic Bumper owners, GX460 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't think I have the template to cut the plastic bumper set correctly. If I follow the line on the bottom across the front of the bumper it puts the cute below the distance sensors which does not look right from the few pics I have found online. Anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Minor update I drew black lines across the two maybe cut lines. One does use this template correct? They don't have a special one for the GX460?

IMG_2202.jpg

I just got word back from Ironman and they said to do the top line, give yourself a little wiggle room.

Picking my IM bumper up monday from the trucking line’s local dock.

My plan is to remove bumper cover, install steel bumper, measure and make posterboard templates, then cut bumper cover.

Just remember to measure once, cut twice.
er....
WAIT! Measure TWICE and cut ONCE!!

Good success.

1605555196624.png

Did anyone drill the parking sensor holes?

I need all the help I can get parking in this 3rd world city called Memphis.

They should already be drilled in your bumper...??? Aren't they?
If not, you'll need to size the hole in your factory bumper and if there are any indents for orientation, make note of those also.
Then you'll need to locate them as close to the same proximity as factory.
I'd suggest finding the vertical center line of the factory bumper and then measure in each direction, left and right to where the sensors are and extrapolate that to your new bumper. Keep all the holes level (all holes aligned left and right) and on a flat perpendicular plane to the ground, basically so the sensors are not point up or down, have them pointing straight out (not forward, because the corner sensors point to the left and right) per the angle of your bumper.
You may need to add spacers when inserting the sensors.

No hole. Pic of area where I did drill (ignore measurements I made a template)...... .. And at Rick's Powder Coat. Going to be white, the pearl & clear.

Will need to make a new harness for the sensors. No problem. BTW, what is the square cut out for above the 5 1/4?

IMG_20201117_161408.jpg

IMG_20201117_143622.jpg

You may have to ask the manufacturer about the square cut-out. It could be access for mounting or a winch?? But I'm just spit-wadding here.

I drilled my 14+ classic bumper. It worked fine for a while then one of the sensors started to act up. I ordered some on ebay and it did not work so I disabled them. If you drill them, use the step bit. It is fairly picky on how much metal surrounds the sensor. Good luck.

I don’t have a GX but I do have this bumper on my LX.

I transplanted my parking sensors no problem. I found the center line of the bumper and went from there. A step bit makes easy work. Be sure to paint the holes. Otherwise sensors snapped right in.

316F2ABE-6C09-4263-8176-B28E2BE552A8.jpeg

I drilled my own and fashioned some spacers from the foam backing it was wrapped in bring the eyes flush. They work great overall, sometimes they scream with heavy rain drops sitting on them, but once you get going they're fine and quiet. The 10-13' bumper doesn't come drilled. Buy a quality Milwaukee unibit, the steel will snap a cheap one. Measure the distance between the sensor eyes and then get them spaced right, and adjusted vertically right, then drill the bumper. As for the bumper cover cutting, a dry erase marker wipes right off and you can makes marks and adjust on the fly as needed. I used a dremel, cordless jigsaw, and various files and rasps to clean up the edges before adding the trim.

Great tips Moose!

I'm impressed with quality of the bumper! Drilled pilot holes for sensors and got it powder coated. The transmission cooler lines were an unplesent supprise. I called Ironman and specifically asked if there were any lines that needed to be moved that were not addressed in the instructions, I was told no. Adel clamps and brackets were used to replace the factory clamps.

IMG_20201121_205925.jpg

IMG_20201126_110528.jpg

Last edited:
3D printed mounting solution for parking sensors on steel bumpers. Drilled 3/4" holes. Sand the mount on the sensor side to make it stick out more. I wanted it counter sunk so there would be more protection. More details & STL file below:

IMG_20201127_173241.jpg

IMG_20201127_174215.jpg

IMG_20201127_174219.jpg

IMG_20201129_083450.jpg

IMG_20201129_083516.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m
Recent re install (last week)

Deer strike if you recall...:( truck was in shop 17 days (plus weekends)

Was a challenge for the shop in Orem Utah...first one maybe

Told them not even to worry about parking sensors....don't need 'em where I live

But turned out great ! Kudos to Martin's Collision.....good job !

PS...this is my wife's DD.........not mine-------;) these GX 460's R purty badd azz......

pics 11/29

9pLg2sg.jpg

QR5LCia.jpg

Snek2nL.jpg

Last edited:
3D printed mounting solution for parking sensors on steel bumpers. Drilled 3/4" holes. Sand the mount on the sensor side to make it stick out more. I wanted it counter sunk so there would be more protection. More details & STL file below:

View attachment 2510031

View attachment 2510032

View attachment 2510033

View attachment 2510034

View attachment 2510035
Gotta love 3D printers! Been using them for decades and even built my own.

Last edited:
You could sell those spacers if you wanted to make some more (cough, cough) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom