For Sale California 1985 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling the family car after the death of my father in law. My wife would like to keep it for sentimental reasons, but it's not practical for us right now. In 2017, it went to my sister in law in Washington because she was going to be using it as it was intended to be used, in the outdoors, but circumstances change over time and it was sent down here a couple weeks ago to be prepped to be sold. That's the short as to why there are Washington plates that are expired. The idea is to sell it to someone who will appreciate it like my father in law, not to make a quick sale to be rid of it.

I have a craigslist ad to better explain other items on it, so I will attach the link there. My biggest question is am I shooting too much? Too low? Are there things I can do on my own why I'm in the process of selling it? The taillights seem fairly minor and there were seats available in the parts forum that could replace the driver seat if needed be, but again, that is probably something the buyer would rather make on their own.

Thanks guys!

The drive from the shop to my house (before I realized the tags were expired), someone got my attention and offered me 4,000 for it because it was in such poor condition. I countered with 9 and he told me that's what I'd get for a completely restored on. I wished him well and continued on my way.

I was told I could get 10-12 but that I might have to wait up to a year to get it. I'm not in a rush to sell it, but it doesn't do me any good to let it sit in my driveway for a year either. I've gotten about 8 replies in a 24 hour period. A couple people asking what my lowest offer was, more with genuine interest, as far as I can tell.

The title thing is a disappointment, but it gives me time to get things shorted out with a buyer.

Priced very fair , already contacted you this morning via your Craigslist post. Left my cell #. Long time Landcruiser guy, made the mistake of selling my 89 FJ62.

Mike

I saw this when it went up on Craigslist, I’m about 6 months or from making a purchase of one of these beauties and this is exactly what I’d be looking for! Fair price! The guy who said $9k for a fully restored truck is out of his mind

Thanks for the info and responses. Im trying to get back to everyone as best as possible. We are in a holding pattern to try and get the title and registration issues squared away before agreeing to any sale. We are also dealing with similar issues on a Porsche Boxster as well. Things you unfortunately need to learn when dealing with a death of a family member. It's also just been a hectic week in general and doesn't let up until next week. But I try and get feedback to everyone who contacts me wirh something other than "I like your car, what's the lowest you will take." Email just works better right now.

Pretty sure the guy who told me about it worth 9 grand fully restored was just trying to buy low to make a nice profit. Wasn't going to sell it for 4 grand 2 minutes after getting some work done at the repair shop. Haha

Looks like a really good deal for a low mileage, rust free original. Good Luck with the Sale!

FYI I bought my brown 84 with 203,000 miles on it 2 years ago for $8900. Very similar condition to yours and my paint is a bit more faded and the paint on my roof is pretty well baked off. So your price is more than fair and on a site light Bringatrailer I suspect it would reach at least your asking price if not closer to $12k. In fact I suspect that your price is in the danger sweet spot for the flippers of the world who will buy it, wax it, throw some farkles on it to make it look uber valuable, and then offer it for double the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom