Buy a BIG project, or save for something better? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the link for brake master cylinder rebuild kits.

I really have come to like the corrugated tops. I think I will try to keep this as original as possible. It does not have the original seats so I will have to figure out what I want to so this summer for seats (try to go to original or aftermarket that are descent looking). I am probably going to do a bench seat in the rear, unfortunately, until my one year old is out of a car seat. I love the rear jump seats

I need to do some research on early model fj40 and 25's to learn more.

Thanks everyone.

you can def find the early fj40 bench seats :)

sor sells the foams for them, and Shane from metric TLC makes some dope ass coral covers for em ( the ones in my thread were shanes ).

All depends on what you want. :)

oh and remember do not throw anything away, even if you think it might be junk :)

cool man ( oh and more photos please, we love photos here ) :)

I can't post more pics yet, because I haven't picked it up. I just have a verbal agreement and he accepted my offer so I plan to go get it Thursday. Only a few more days and I should be ready for some serious work to begin on this 40. I am super excited. I wasn't totally excited about an early year fj40 at first, because it seems like resell value and public opinion favors the later years. I have always liked the corner windows in the top. But I am actually really excited about an early year fj40 now!

Early years = street legal tractor
Middle years = somewhere in between truck/tractor
Later years (78+) = more of a light duty truck

Don't worry about resale value. You'll never get out what you put in :meh:

Plus, you can't put a price on AWESOME anyway :p

Last edited:
Ok. I got the fj40. It is worth what I paid. Someone bastardized the interior so I will ripping it out and trying to find factory steering wheel and ignition components among other things. Glad I didn't overpay, but for the money I am a happy camper.

I will attempt to attach a couple pics from my phone to show the good, bad and UglY.

Thanks for all the help.
image-4170904158.jpg
image-4208418671.jpg
image-3403555598.jpg

Last edited:
I'd find a Metal God and have him do something with the missing dash board. If he's skilled he can make it look as if that hole never existed. Someone like www.themetalsurgeon.com Someone LIKE him lol I just posted his website to show examples of what a skilled Metal Surgeon can do. See his VW panel bus conversion to a deluxe bus. Simply amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom