But it's a Jeep! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is something fun to do if you have time to kill.
Go to the Jeep dealership. Show a real interest in buying a Jeep Rubicon. Ask to see the warrenty. When you find the part that dissallows repairs due to offroading point it out to the salesdroid and question it.

It would be fun to watch them try to tapdance around that. :D :D

This is similar to the problem with WRX's. Supposedly they are sold with a free pass to autocross of some sort. Unfortunately if they find out you participated in this free autocross your warranty is void.

hmmmm, my CJ7 has 167k currently. I wheel with that not the 80...

I always laughed at this one:
citation.jpg
1985 Chevrolet S10 Blazer.jpg
1968jeep.jpg

With a straight 6 engine...

tabraha said:
I take my Taco down to the dealership for service and it's solid orange underneath. They don't give me any crap about abuse.

This isn't really relevant to the topic and hand. You are taking your vehicle in for service that you pay for, not warranty work.

subzali said:
But his Jeep has almost the EXACT same capability of my near-stock 40.

That is a fair analysis, but next time you should capitalize the word ALMOST, not the word exact. ;)

In my experience the warranty work you get done has a lot more to do with your relationship with the dealership and the service department than any particular brand.

cruiserdan said:
Well,

At least a person can go buy a new Jeep that looks nice and has off-road fearures, however functional they may be, whilst a Toyota fancier has to sniff around for the least possible rusty specimen that is at least 23 years old.

What Dan said. I'm disappointed in Toyota's latest offerings. I had a 99 Tacoma and it was nice, but the rack and pinion steering was a weak link, also the frame was not fully boxed and I saw at least one incedent where the rear frame bent from a too heavy after market bumper.

If we could only get the 70 series.

But Jeep has its own cell phone tv channel

SAN FRANCISCO-In an effort to harness mobile phone TV as a major branded entertainment medium, Jeep is launching its own mobile phone channel with MobiTV.

The content is available to about 500,000 subscribers using Cingular Wireless L.L.C., Sprint Nextel Corp., Alltel Corp. and other mobile networks.

The automotive marketer is running ads once an hour per channel on 18 of the 24 available MobiTV cell phone channels, but will also have its own Jeep-branded channel. The channel, starting today, will continuously loop the existing four episodes of "The Mudds," short films now running online that show an adventurous, outdoor-loving-and mud-splattered-family that drives a Jeep Commander. The episodes will also continue to run on the Web at wearethemudds.com.

:confused:

Bob_Garrett said:
SAN FRANCISCO-In an effort to harness mobile phone TV as a major branded entertainment medium, Jeep is launching its own mobile phone channel with MobiTV.

The content is available to about 500,000 subscribers using Cingular Wireless L.L.C., Sprint Nextel Corp., Alltel Corp. and other mobile networks.

The automotive marketer is running ads once an hour per channel on 18 of the 24 available MobiTV cell phone channels, but will also have its own Jeep-branded channel. The channel, starting today, will continuously loop the existing four episodes of "The Mudds," short films now running online that show an adventurous, outdoor-loving-and mud-splattered-family that drives a Jeep Commander. The episodes will also continue to run on the Web at wearethemudds.com.

:confused:

Notice, they are now an automotive marketer, not an automotive builder/designer.

Fred

rusty_tlc said:
Here is something fun to do if you have time to kill.
Go to the Jeep dealership. Show a real interest in buying a Jeep Rubicon. Ask to see the warrenty. When you find the part that dissallows repairs due to offroading point it out to the salesdroid and question it.

It would be fun to watch them try to tapdance around that. :D :D

It seems that my 04 Rubicon didn't come with any disclaimer about off-road usage! I guess I will have to take your word about what you state above.

I know of many who wheel the hell out of their Jeeps with no warranty problems.

Without people who don't wheel their vehicles, there would be none sold as there wouldn't be enough sales to justify selling them. So next time you see a mall cruiser.. thank them for supplying the wheeler market with good used 4x4s

Rugster said:
It seems that my 04 Rubicon didn't come with any disclaimer about off-road usage! I guess I will have to take your word about what you state above.

I know of many who wheel the hell out of their Jeeps with no warranty problems.

Without people who don't wheel their vehicles, there would be none sold as there wouldn't be enough sales to justify selling them. So next time you see a mall cruiser.. thank them for supplying the wheeler market with good used 4x4s
I downloaded the warranty information from the jeep website for the 04 Wrangler. Nowhere does it mention off-road use. It does imply that abusive use would invalidate the warranty, but not much else points to off-road use. I suppse they could argue that off-road use might be considered abusive.

They did specifically mention going over curbs would void the warranty...don't admit to doing that.

Having a Heep as you call it.. I frequent several Jeep forums and have seen many discussions about problems concerning different things including warranty work after something breaking while wheeling.. I can say that when a warranty repair problem came up with a certain dealer a simple call to the district manager took care of it. If someone got stuck in a stream filling up their differential and just kept driving them, then any maker will balk at repairing the damage.

The reason for the above post was to throw a little water on the idea of LC being somehow above the laws that things break.

my cruiser loves snow

brett76 said:
my cruiser loves snow

I have to say that my cruiser is the best vehicule of any I have or do own on snowy roads, Period. Try a swb jeep on a patch of ice with a cross-wind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom