Build Your Own CO2 Tank System – High Quality & Lowest Cost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank, $90: 10 lb. Aluminum Co2 Tank | BeverageFactory.com

Regulator, $40: Poly Performance CO2 Fixed Regulator

I run mine with out a regulator. Be careful and it works.

OK, so I ordered the tank from the beverage factory and it arrived at my shop earlier today (I'll check it out tomorrow)

I also ordered the regulator from EAD and the one they sent looks nothing like the one they have pictured on their website :confused:

It has a different part number stamped on it and came in packaging marked made in China :(

The one they have pictured looks to be made by Western Enterprises (made in USA)

I figure the one they sent will probably work as it should, but since I'll be airing up 35's, the last thing I want to worry about is a cheap regulator freezing up on me :bang:

I don't think that the country of origin has much to do with freezing. Power tanks regs will freeze if you fill 4x35s.

Something like this may be the best bet. I may get one so I'm not so worried about blowing out a hose. Also, I don't let anyone else use my tank as it is. It would be nice if my wife and daughters could fill their own f'n tires. :princess:

Poly Performance CO2 Fixed Regulator

The one pictured on EAD'S site is made by Western Enterprises (USA) and is the one I wanted, but it's not what they sent.

The WE regulator typically sells for about $80 bucks on Ebay, so when I saw it pictured on EAD'S site for only $40, I jumped on it.

The one they sent me appears to be the same one on polyperfomance's website (China)

Search results for "Regulator"

Sept06-005.jpg

What air hose are you guys running? I'm thinking of going with a 300 psi air compressor hose with a 150 pai fix regulator.

I will do that1 I was thinking of a rubber hose anyways. Also, I have a tool box that is painted black, do you guys think it'd be a bad idea to leave this in there year round since the temps where I live reach 100 degrees? I may change the colour of the tool box to a light silver as well because of the heat.

Hi all,

Why? I have been using blue and yellow plastic coiled air line for both a CO2 tank and a 1990s vintage ARB air compressor with few problems.

Cheap, compact, and light weight. Rubber air hoses are bulky and heavy - no room for that in a trail rig.

Regards,

Alan

> . . . Stay away from the self coiling yellow plastic stuff :eek:

If you do winter runs, or fill to quickly you could feeeze the line and it'd break is my guess.

Hi all,

Why? I have been using blue and yellow plastic coiled air line for both a CO2 tank and a 1990s vintage ARB air compressor with few problems.

Cheap, compact, and light weight. Rubber air hoses are bulky and heavy - no room for that in a trail rig.

Regards,

Alan

In the Summer, they're fine, but once cold weather hits, they become brittle and tend to go snap crackle pop instantly with no warning :eek:

Happened to me a couple years back on the last day of the year (also last day for beach driving here on the Island)

Luckily, I had a spare hose and tools to swap over the fittings or else it would've been a loooong slow drive to the nearest gas station :doh:

Rubber and poly hoses will let you know when they're on their way out and you can easily repair with a barb and clamps.

For easy storage, I use a Bucket Boss round bag like this and I have 50ft worth of poly hose and 25ft of Good Year rubber hose neatly coiled along with extra fittings, barbs, clamps, gauges, valves/cores, plug kit, deflators, inflators, etc. etc.

fzjjumpercablebag2.JPG

fzjjumpercablebag3.JPG

Hi all,

Quite true, the plastic air lines can get brittle when cold. I have had then fail before in this manner. But they are so inexpensive and compact that they still work for me.

Regards,

Alan

In the Summer, they're fine, but once cold weather hits, they become brittle and tend to go snap crackle pop instantly with no warning :eek:

Happened to me a couple years back on the last day of the year (also last day for beach driving here on the Island)

Luckily, I had a spare hose and tools to swap over the fittings or else it would've been a loooong slow drive to the nearest gas station :doh:

Rubber and poly hoses will let you know when they're on their way out and you can easily repair with a barb and clamps.

For easy storage, I use a Bucket Boss round bag like this and I have 50ft worth of poly hose and 25ft of Good Year rubber hose neatly coiled along with extra fittings, barbs, clamps, gauges, valves/cores, plug kit, deflators, inflators, etc. etc.

fzjjumpercablebag2.JPG

fzjjumpercablebag3.JPG

Hi all,

Quite true, the plastic air lines can get brittle when cold. I have had then fail before in this manner. But they are so inexpensive and compact that they still work for me.

Regards,

Alan

Another issue for me and the plastic hose was that it always got tangled up on itself :oops:

Trying to stretch it the long way around the vehicle while avoiding sharp edges and hot exhaust was always a hassle :doh:

As for storage, if I kept it in the original tube bag it came in, it would last longer, but stuffing it in there when the coils are all tangled up isn't easy :confused:
I'd usually end up tossing a tangled mess in the back and deal with it another day :meh:

Hi all,

LOL! Yeah, the coiled plastic lines can get into a bit of a "rats nest" but they have worked fine for me, in cold weather, and stretched-out over and around my 40.

In my case I carry a 20 lb. CO2 bottle for airing up after trail runs. The CO2 bottle is carried in the bed, inside the roll cage. I also have an old (mid-1990s) ARB air compressor hard mounted under the hood as a back-up air source. Both the bottle and the compressor have their own plastic air lines and fittings. One can switch to the other if necessary.

Regards,

Alan

Another issue for me and the plastic hose was that it always got tangled up on itself :oops:

Trying to stretch it the long way around the vehicle while avoiding sharp edges and hot exhaust was always a hassle :doh:

As for storage, if I kept it in the original tube bag it came in, it would last longer, but stuffing it in there when the coils are all tangled up isn't easy :confused:
I'd usually end up tossing a tangled mess in the back and deal with it another day :meh:

I just ordered the instant air kit. They are running a $40 discount right now. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon. Now I need to figure out a mount for my 100.

Got my tank in yesterday. Probably won't have time to get it filled until Friday though...

DIY onboard air Co2 tire inflation regulators- This thread is a little dated So I figured I would update my best finds for high quality regulators:

www.preeceproducts.com - they have everything!!!

Fixed flow:

Adjustable Flow high end Regulators:

Andregulator handle kits:

Amazon product ASIN B081S8SM4M
you can build a set up for cheap and very high quality!

I have a fireman tank to setup like this.
I was hoping to add the air myself though, even though it will not be high pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom