Bugs been worked out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have there been any major reliability concerns so far? I have seen some issues with hard shifts of the transmission but otherwise it seems there have been minimal issues so far? I am on the fence on whether to get a LX600 now (2024) or get a 200 and wait a few more years. If you look over at the tundra forum it’s a seeming bloodbath of wind noise, plastic bits breaking, and full on engine failures. It’s not all that reassuring for purchasing a LX that shares such a large part of its drivetrain albeit with different part sourcing/manufactured in the best factory in the world.

I drove a 2024 LC300 this week all over the Dominican Republic. Maybe 250 miles over the week. Really nice vehicle, although the missing split tailgate is still a big deal to me.

Have there been any major reliability concerns so far? I have seen some issues with hard shifts of the transmission but otherwise it seems there have been minimal issues so far? I am on the fence on whether to get a LX600 now (2024) or get a 200 and wait a few more years. If you look over at the tundra forum it’s a seeming bloodbath of wind noise, plastic bits breaking, and full on engine failures. It’s not all that reassuring for purchasing a LX that shares such a large part of its drivetrain albeit with different part sourcing/manufactured in the best factory in the world.
I drove an LX6 recently and at 80mph it made my LC200 sound like I was sitting behind a 737 taking off. I haven't seen any reports of issues with the drivetrain; I suspect it's as you mentioned, manufactured in Japan with a completely different supply chain.

An old data point, the 2UZ engine built in Japan had forged connecting rods while the USA built 2UZ (Tundra/Sequoia) had cast connecting rods.

EDIT:
Adding further: I wouldn't hesitate to get one personally. My current plan is to pickup the GX550 Overtrail, and if/when Lexus releases a LX6 Overtrail I'll finally buy one. My secondary driver will be once Lexus refreshes the instrument cluster/centerstack and brings TSS 3.0 to the LX.

Last edited:
Anyone noticed some road chatter at highway speeds? Ahc set to comfort and psi adjusted and overall ride is fantastic but definitely some ride chatter which comes through on the Highway which is probably attributable to the 22” wheels. Would suck to buy an lx600 and switch out the wheels immediately with the hopes that this cleans up that chatter.

Perfect so far
Anyone noticed some road chatter at highway speeds? Ahc set to comfort and psi adjusted and overall ride is fantastic but definitely some ride chatter which comes through on the Highway which is probably attributable to the 22” wheels. Would suck to buy an lx600 and switch out the wheels immediately with the hopes that this cleans up that chatter.
zero road chatter at any speed, super smooth (no AHC). The only wind I can notice is from the roof racks.

Perfect so far

zero road chatter at any speed, super smooth (no AHC). The only wind I can notice is from the roof racks
Perfect so far

zero road chatter at any speed, super smooth (no AHC). The only wind I can notice is from the roof racks.
You have premium with AVS? I’m wondering if this is just on trims with AHC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom