Budbuilt 460 skids with useable oil filter access panel (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
lexusgxor.com

66.png

I should be getting the first set. Tank skid is the same as their 4R and you can order that now. If you do you own oil changes you will appreciate the load bearing access panel door for the oil filter. Apparently many revisions to confirm strength.

Last edited:
I was waiting for them to come out with 460 skids since last year. I just ordered a set from RCI earlier this week, if I had known I would’ve waited

I just ordered RCIs as well during a GB, 5th Gen 4R front, 4th Gen 4R trans, and since the fit between those isn't seamless I picked up the gas tank skid as well. Still en route, but once installed I'll have to see what I can hodge-podge together for the transfer case. Those look good though, solid coverage no doubt.

I've had a paid order since May of 2018 so I'm obviously patient. My order actually slipped through the cracks at the time but to show my commitment for development I stuck with them as most say their quality is basically second to none.

I just ordered RCIs as well during a GB, 5th Gen 4R front, 4th Gen 4R trans, and since the fit between those isn't seamless I picked up the gas tank skid as well. Still en route, but once installed I'll have to see what I can hodge-podge together for the transfer case. Those look good though, solid coverage no doubt.

The 5th gen T4r transfer case crossmember and 4th Gen T4R V8 transfer case skid from RCI fit with minor trimming. and drilling

Last edited:
I've had a paid order since May of 2018 so I'm obviously patient. My order actually slipped through the cracks at the time but to show my commitment for development I stuck with them as most say their quality is basically second to none.

I still can't fathom how it took them a year when the skids are basically the same as the T4R with minor tweaks. I know it is unwarranted, but it makes me kind of question their skills as a fab shop. I'm glad they are finally coming up with something, but I too ordered RCI as I got sick of waiting for 3 months. More power to you for sticking with them for that long.

It's great to see Bud coming out with the 460 skids. He does great work and I am sure they will be worth the wait for those who purchase them. Bud's designs are always thought out, designed and tested exceptionally well. I just ordered his sliders for our LC 200 and try to order from him whenever possible. Great company, great people, great products.

I have a 2012 4R Trail with full Buds skids, i called the other day and was told all I could transfer over to a 2014 GX460 was the mid and diff cover. I was hoping they both had KDSS so would be even swap minus the front piece

I have a 2012 4R Trail with full Buds skids, i called the other day and was told all I could transfer over to a 2014 GX460 was the mid and diff cover. I was hoping they both had KDSS so would be even swap minus the front piece
Could you take the skid plates off the 4R and loosely bolt them onto your GX with long bolts and see if you could trim where necessary? Or is even the bolt pattern off?
Just an idea to help you save a few coins...:meh:

Got the rest of my BB skids today.. I will try to get pics of other skids on Monday... heading to cabin this weekend and might not be able to install for two weekends. Here is front one though.

Once I get this revised skid mounted up this weekend and I am happy with fit.... I think they plan to go live on website. Not sure on exact pricing but will find out.

Mine are just 1/8" steel since I don't need anything too hardcore but like other vendors you can go 3/16", stainless 3/16" or 1/4" aluminum.

Budbuilt claims the access panels on these 1/8 have the strength of 3/16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom