Broski's 2006 acc cab Tundra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys I have been over in the 80 series Forum for a few years now.
Well I just picked up a new to me 2006 Tundra Acc Cab. So I thought I would post up over hear.
I looked for over a year to find a clean low mile example, To qualify for me it had to be Low mi, rust free, 4x4, acc Cab, White or Gray metallic with bucket seats 2005 or 2006 because I wanted the 5 speed. I also wanted something with around a 100k mi.
I know that a big wish list, but I was willing to wait and or travel within the southwestern states to find what I wanted.
Well lo and behold one pop up on Craigslist yesterday just 12 miles from my house, I contacted the owner right a way made arrangements to see that evening when He got off of work.
It checked all the box's I was looking for with a 115k mi. We agreed on a price. I gave he a small deposit as it was past banking hour's and he needed to get it smog-ed. I picked it up this morning.
1580002542824.png
1580002580564.png

A couple more pictures
1580002913707.png
1580002972747.png

1580003138238.png

There's this piece of tape over what look's like a light. I was hoping some one knows what that is ? have not pulled the tape yet.

It also has the Shaky mirror syndrome. I need to start doing some base lining. There no record of the timing belt being done so that needs to be addressed. The tires are rags those well be replaced next week.

It also has the Shaky mirror syndrome. I need to start doing some base lining. There no record of the timing belt being done so that needs to be addressed. The tires are rags those well be replaced next week.

Nice truck! Not sure if all shaky mirrors are the same, but my driver's side mirror was shaky at idle and all I had to do was tighten the middle of the 3 torx screws on the bottom. Don't remember what size it was.. 20, 25, 30. If you need to tighten the torx screw closest to the body, you may have to remove the mirror to get to it.

This is a good video on how to do that, if you need to:

Thanks for the tip. And you nailed it driver's side shaky at idle. I will check it out today.

Did you try and tighten up your mirror? Mine shakes as well but it’s not the connection to the body, it’s the mirror itself that shakes in the housing.

Yes, it was the the out side torx screws just like elpeyote said. It was so simple I was embarrassed I asked. Driver and passenger were both lose.

Reactions: GTV
I just put some lock washers under mine and that fixed the shake! Door sounds so much better when I open and close it now.

Got new Tires
1583269911504.png

And installed a Trailer brake controller
1583270224683.png

Tires look good, what are they? Are they 265/70R16 or 265/75R16?
265/75/R 16 Nitto Terra Grapplers ,I think they fill the wheel wells nicely. I went with 10 PLYs makes the truck so much more stable when towing a trailer.

Nice Tundra! Time to sell (to me) and start your next build!

JK. Super nice truck, dude!

Nice truck. That is exactly what I was looking forbut ended up with a tacoma. Good find.

Thanks Guys still can’t believe I found such a nice one and I feel like I almost stole it as I payed only $11,500.00
As I was checking it out the guy’s phone was ringing off the hook.
just last week a friend was trying to buy it from me his first offer was 16k
I told him he was wasting his time 😉Cheers

Last edited:
Did a bit of work to the rear suspension. After the new shell, tool box & tools the truck was riding a little low in the rear, plus it felt a little squashy.
I have use these in the past on other vehicles and was happy with there performance.
1608304862191.png

It's been a few years and when I look them up the were more then I wanted to spend $ 450.00 so I went on Ebay and found these NOS but seller did not know what they fit. $150.00 or best offer, so I thought I would role the dice and offered $100.00 and got them.
They ended up beaning in the right weight range for my truck but I did not like the way the mounted at the axle side.
So i made up a set of mounts similar to the mounts i got with the previous kit I used from them.
1608305401384.png

These ended up working perfect. here they are installed.
1608305507306.png

I felt like the truck needed new shocks so I also picked up some Bilstein 4600s
1608305729699.png

The old ones were definitely shot.
1608306069549.png

As soon as I started to work on it I new I was going to have to get the rattle can out.
1608306276933.png

This truck is super clean and this was the only rust on the truck. The only thing I could think is the PO most have used it to launch a boat.
So pulled everything off the axle and repainted it. looking pretty.
1608306525186.png

And all put back together.
1608306732556.png

As soon as I started to work on it I new I was going to have to get the rattle can out.View attachment 2528148
This truck is super clean and this was the only rust on the truck. The only thing I could think is the PO most have used it to launch a boat.
So pulled everything off the axle and repainted it. looking pretty. View attachment 2528150
And all put back together.View attachment 2528154
Just curious if you thought about lifting it? How do you like new shocks? I’m thinking about getting bilsteins so I can go bigger tire. Will 285’s fit?

The Bilstein are a nite and day difference, Think Sport Truck
The Road Master did lift it about 1" in the rear.
As far as a real lift and or bigger tires no this my DD and I already have a money pit on 39s
1608409725970.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom