Broken valve spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Broke a valve spring a week ago on my engnbldr head which is super weird because my cam is within stock parameters, I rarely rev over 4K maybe to 4.5k at the very very most (and that is almost never) and, on top of all that the head is supposed to be they’re nicer USA head. Swapped the spring out meticulously without having to remove the head with a LCE spring and the truck runs great again. I’m just wondering about having a mismatched part in my valve train. Thoughts?

Does the LCE spring have different specs than the engnbldr spring that broke?

LCE’s spring is rated for 75 pounds. No idea what engnbldrs is because they are no longer in business. I would think they would all be within factory spec.

LCE’s spring is rated for 75 pounds. No idea what engnbldrs is because they are no longer in business. I would think they would all be within factory spec.
Redline still makes cams to engnbldr specs. Maybe they could supply a single spring with those specs. I would swap all of them I think.

Bill at redline, 541-967-4187

I bought an entire set LCE but changing a spring without removing the head or rocker assy is a PITA. The one took me 4 hours or so. Truck runs great just curious if I’m to expect any long term issues. Appreciate the input

I bought an entire set LCE but changing a spring without removing the head or rocker assy is a PITA. The one took me 4 hours or so. Truck runs great just curious if I’m to expect any long term issues. Appreciate the input
Personally, just run it.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Thanks pappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom