Broke steering stabilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHERMAN FJ62

Charlestons' King of Cruisers
Threads
Broke steering stabilizer need suggestions on new one

While at URE I damaged my steering stabilizer. The bolt that tied into the bracket on the axel broke and the shock is leaking and the bracket is broken with no way to repair. The stabilizer was an BDS/OME after market replacement.

I cant get a part number off my current one. I cant seem to find OME making the full stabilizing kit.

Does this Rancho one work? 1984-55 4WD FJ25, FJ40, FJ43, FJ55 SINGLE RS97435.
The axles are similar on the 55 so may be an option.

Any other suggestions are OME info. I need the full kit.

The brakets are still there for the factory steering stabilizer so I could always

Here are pictures of what I had.

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Last edited:
Go back to stock mounting and source a stock-equivalent replacement at any parts store, or for OME call a trusted Mud vendor.

What is the thinking about going back to stock. I have a 3 inch lift on the truck. I am not sure the stock is long enough

I was looking for hardware for OME steering stabilizer and was able to get it direct from arb USA. You could try their sales depart to point you in the right direction for OME replacement.

Just a thought.

I prefer after market ones that clamp onto the axle and the tie rod. This eliminates shock closer to the source and spares the drag link more abuse than the stock setup does. It will also have a constant angle instead of the constantly changing angle of the stock unit. Better in every way if you ask me.

I prefer after market ones that clamp onto the axle and the tie rod. This eliminates shock closer to the source and spares the drag link more abuse than the stock setup does. It will also have a constant angle instead of the constantly changing angle of the stock unit. Better in every way if you ask me.

Ditto this is what I was thinking

I have installed the ranchero stabilizer and after almost a year the performance is good. Can't really complain about it.

I have installed the ranchero stabilizer and after almost a year the performance is good. Can't really complain about it.

Upgrading my 40 to all 60 steering components (rods, drag link& TREs)... Wonder if the stabilizer will need to be fit for the 40 or to a 60 when I'm (OK, when Glenn) done????

Got mine from SOR a few years back. Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters I'm sure can be of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom