Broke down in Amity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Anyone have a bipass hose for a 1987 Land Cruiser . Goes on the thermostat housing. Been broke down for 2 days. Can’t find one anywhere. Thanks, Mike

If you need something temporary try a long piece off heater hose in a loop instead of a 90- it could be a few feet long if thats what it takes to do it without kinks-maybe a loop around the alternator

Are you remote and off the pavement or do you have any options to get a ride to any nearby towns where you could buy some heater hose?

I’m at my other home,wrecker got me there nothing is open.

Which hose? Water pump or oil cooler? Is there a Napa, Autozone or other store that you can get to when they open?
IMG_2227.jpeg

That’s an odd size hose. Not any others like it under there unless you. Plus stretch the rear heater hose to get over the make parts. It it’s big enough just cut the rear hose, block off the two ends and use the 90 section up front. Also, sucks that the only store in town is not open until tomorrow (Napa)
IMG_2231.jpeg

Mike,
In cases like this where I needed a hose with a formed bend and it was not available ... I take it into my local NAPA and they compare it to hoses of the right ID that they have in stock, looking only at the bend area. When they find one, I cut off the hose outside my area of interest and consider myself lucky. If they are too busy, the NAPA near me will let me go back and do the searching myself.

It has always been a score for me. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom