Brake Rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure about that site, but if you do a search for rotors/brakes there will be enough info to keep you reading for several hours. Good luck. Skol.

Haven't used those sites. For my Toyotas I've stayed OEM through CruiserDan.

On my Honda the OEM aren't impressive but I've had success with Centric Premium Rotors and Akebono Proact Pads.

Rockauto.com is my new favorite online parts source. Fast shipping, good prices on several orders.

Rotors are wear items. No need to spend uber amount of dollars. I've always bought Autozone blank rotors. Have used them on my race cars as well. Zero issues and zero complaints. Just replaced my rears with them. 2 year warranty is great as well.

Rotors are wear items. No need to spend uber amount of dollars. I've always bought Autozone blank rotors. Have used them on my race cars as well. Zero issues and zero complaints. Just replaced my rears with them. 2 year warranty is great as well.

There is a large difference in rotor quality especially for the 100. The OEM are heavy with thick rotor walls and numerous cooling fins. If you buy a cheap rotor compare it closely to the OEM it's replacing.

At 160k three of my rotors are original and still well within spec. I did lose one to not watching the rear brake pads. They aren't really wear items. Pads are wear items.

There is a large difference in rotor quality especially for the 100. The OEM are heavy with thick rotor walls and numerous cooling fins. If you buy a cheap rotor compare it closely to the OEM it's replacing.

At 160k three of my rotors are original and still well within spec. I did lose one to not watching the rear brake pads. They aren't really wear items. Pads are wear items.

Wow, that's pretty crazy getting 160k on your rotors!

As far as blank rotors, I guess I never paid that close attention, but my recent rear brake work required new rotors. I didn't notice any difference in weight nor thickness (well, the new ones were obviously little thicker), and the vents were all there as well on the Autozone rotors. I've never had issues with these over the last 10 years of using them (on various vehicles), so I will continue to buy them.

I put a low end NAPA rotor on the LC because it was the only game in town on short notice and when compared side to side was much different than the OEM. Fewer cooling vanes, less material on the sides of the rotor ect ...

Autozone Duralast Rotors have a very good reputation on a Honda board I frequent.

Has anybody heard about Raybesto's (Raybestos Professional Grade 96796R) rotors? I picked up some rears for $75 to my door. Cheap, they look good, feel heavy and roll down the driveway smoothly :)

lol, it's gotta be smoother than my warped, scarfed up skreechy rotor/caliper combo i have on it now.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't speak to those. I have has these rotors:
Slee - Drivetrain - Brake Parts
and ULT pads:
AXXIS High Performance Brake Pads

for 10K miles now. I can't say enough good about them. The pads make more dust than normal but the stopping power and lack of fade when hot is worth it.

Are you still satisfied with these? It's time to changes my front pads and rotors (still OEM on the rear), and have been checking these out. Was wondering if your opinion was still the same...

I went with the Man-A-Fre sold DBA Aussie rotors and DBA ceramic pads. Check them out. I am very happy.

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered rotors from either of the following 2 sites and what there experience with them was:

Performance Brakes - Brake Pads, Brake Rotors and Brake Kits

Premium Dimpled and Slotted Brake Rotors

If not what is everyone using for replacement rotors? Any input will be much appreciated!

I just installed a set of Brake Performance Premium dimpled and slotted rotors and pads on my wife’s 2007 LS 460. I’ve always been a proponent of stock brakes and rotors. However on the LS 460 the stock ones have shown to be problematic and susceptible to warping. I tried to sand my stock ones with 24k on them with garnet paper. It worked somewhat but there was still a pulse in the bake peddle. I went with the slotted and dimpled rotors with free pads from Brake Performance. These specific ones have a life time guarantee against warping. If I have any problems with warping Brake Performance will replace them for free. Since the LS 460 is known to warp stock rotors this was a safe bet. I am not a fan of turning rotors, in my experience it has had only temporally fixed a problem with brake pulsing. Since I do my own brake jobs, for the same price of paying someone to replace pads and turn the rotors I can get a new set of rotors and pads. I paid 380 for new rotors and pads from Brake Performance delivered to my door. Newport Lexus wanted 1400 to replace the rotors and pads. So far my wife and I have been really happy with the new pads and rotors from Brake Performance.

Last night I replaced the rear pads on my 80 with new stock ones. I have the DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors with about 50k miles on them. The DBA’s have worn quite a bit. There is now a pronounced lip around the outside edge on both the front and rear rotors. The DBA’s must be made of a softer metal composition then the stock ones. Must be why they work better. It’s of my opinion you will get less life out of the DBA’s vs. the stock ones.

For my next set of brakes and rotors I am torn between the stock ones and the Brake Performance ones for the 100 and the 80. My decision will depend on how the Brake Performance one’s hold up on the LS 460.

Are you still satisfied with these? It's time to changes my front pads and rotors (still OEM on the rear), and have been checking these out. Was wondering if your opinion was still the same...
I'm running the Axxis Ultimate pads with DBA 4000 rotors. Brake feel is good but fade resistance hasn't been so good. I'm probably going to change them out soon but maybe I'll try a different brake fluid first.

I recently discovered that O'Reilly is selling "Bosch" rotors for $80 each, compared to their "house" brand for $52 each.

Has anyone tried the Bosch's? O'Reily tell sme they are better than OEM, but you knmow how that goes....

I also went with DBA slotted rotors but OEM pads tho. I love em. Looks great too =)

.....for 11K miles now. I can't say enough good about them.

Yes, opinion still the same. I will use the same stuff on my next change which I don't expect to be needed for a long long time. Pads are wearing very well.

For good stopping power I went with DBA slotted rotors and Bendix HD/4WD pads (front/rear).
Works the treat.

Upgrade to stainless steel braided lines will help to improve your braking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom