Brake Pads - OEM Vs. others (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The TRD pads I found work good at first but then throw major dust. I have not had good luck with toyota rotors as they have all warped.

A bit more $$ and went with NAPA adaptive one, rotors and pads. These have been great and they are quiet. They also have worked well on my ram diesel for 100's of thousands of miles. (several sets).

The TRD pads I found work good at first but then throw major dust. I have not had good luck with toyota rotors as they have all warped.

A bit more $$ and went with NAPA adaptive one, rotors and pads. These have been great and they are quiet. They also have worked well on my ram diesel for 100's of thousands of miles. (several sets).
i’m on my second set of oem rotors and feel like they are starting to warp. how many miles on the napa rotors? might give them a shot next round.

I want to chime in that after about 5-10k miles, my EBC have gotten a lot quieter.
They still squeak, but not anywhere near what I was experiencing after improper setup and use and abuse I put them through.
That was unbearable and only stayed on since I decided to really put them through hell before swapping to my replacements on hand.

Theres a lot I have to share on this and proper installation procedures that Ive spoken to some folks about at EBC.
We should do a brakes thread discussion on this for sure, since I think brakes are one thing we can easily install, share and recommend.
Right now I wouldn't mind testing more. I don't know how much of my brake feel is due to pads, or how much the from braided lines.

But FYI, shim and no shim made no difference in my install. Both equally noisy.
The EBC is a shim backed pad though. I would not recommend double shimming anything.

after further research I discovered that my mechanic didn't install the brake pads shims from the used pads... picture attached.
ordered a new shims set and will install them next week with some copper grease between the shim and the pad.

View attachment 3336805
quick update:
Ordered the Squeak Shim kit from Amazon (Amazon product ASIN B00KTIC0V0).
Removed the pads, installed the shims with some copper grease between the shim and the pads, reinstall and QUITE. NO SQUEAKS anymore.
Problem Solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom