brake master cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
leaking brake fluid from that area.. cant quit tell where either :'(... i think its leaking from where it connects to the brake booster..(sound right?) when my clutch master was leaking it was leaking into the cab.. but this ones isnt doing that i just think its leaking from the where it connects to the booster.. when i press in the brake pedal when the rigs off it makes a gurgling noise right from where it connets to the booster(i think)...does anyone know what that means?? old seals on the clutch master??? anyone with any idea please post i leave sooon and i need to order the right part...

thanks
al

i meant brake master not clutch

You need to replace or rebuild your brake master. Personally I would go to Napa get a rebuilt. If you have time you can try rebuilding yours. May need a hone to clean out the inside. Not hard to replace, just remember to bench bleed. Mine did the exact same thing at one point.

Sounds to me like you need a new BRAKE master cylinder, as the piston/seal is not doing it's job any longer, if fluid is leaking out, and you are hearing these noises. The fluid could be leaking into your brake booster, past the little shaft seal, which would not be a good thing also..something to look at too when you have the master off. If fluid is leaking out, this is not a good thing...

Good luck!

-Steve

if the fluid leaked into the boost how do i get it out or am i screwed? i did the brake booster test. (ya know the hold the foot on the brake and then start up the rig and fell it go down.) and it went down a lil like the manual said. im just gonna order a new one i had bad luck with the rebulid on the clutch( kept on leakin just slower)...any ideas on the boost?
thanks
-al

All I know is that my booster lasted for just a little while after my master went and leaked into it. So I guess your fawked. :D
Maybe you can pull out the little fitting that the vacuum line goes to and drain it out that way. At least that little fitting comes off on 40 series boosters.

did anyone elses booster fail after a rebuild or putting a new master cylinder in there????
thanks
-al

My booster failure became apparent after I replaced the wheel cylinders. 4 of the 8 were nonfunctional, and thus pressing the brake pedal was not as deep before as after the repair. The problem was unmasked. Perhaps repairing a faulty MC could somehow unmask it as well. Can't think hard enough to say just how at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom