Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered mine Sunday. Can’t wait to get it installed with the ikamper!

78F91236-C978-4C75-AC76-D59864996EEB.jpeg

I was dead set on this rack and supporting our mud vendors, but looking at the 100 series pics on the bowfin site it appears there are not drop in slots for T-slot type mounted accessories... how does everyone change out what's up there without disassembling part of the rack? also, any chance there are mounts for an alu-cab awning in the works? I posted in the 100 series forum asking about this for a prinsu, but maybe this will sway me back here if I can have a good plan for the awning!

looks like a beautiful product and craftsmanship. Thank you to Bowfin for supporting everyone here!

cheers,
Jeff

I was dead set on this rack and supporting our mud vendors, but looking at the 100 series pics on the bowfin site it appears there are not drop in slots for T-slot type mounted accessories... how does everyone change out what's up there without disassembling part of the rack? also, any chance there are mounts for an alu-cab awning in the works? I posted in the 100 series forum asking about this for a prinsu, but maybe this will sway me back here if I can have a good plan for the awning!

looks like a beautiful product and craftsmanship. Thank you to Bowfin for supporting everyone here!

cheers,
Jeff
I just loosen both sides of the cross beam I want to attach to. Agreed it's not ideal but it is strong. I was an early adopter so I'm always having to add new things and configurations. I keep a big red-handled T-Style Allen wrench in my truck all the time. If I had it to do over, I'd have thought more about which mounts and things I wanted up there permanently, then added all of those mounts as I was building the rack in the garage. Much easier than on the truck. Maybe Patrick knows a trick I've missed though.

I don't do the machined slot because I really don't think it is worth the extra expense, It would take 4 slots per bar to make it totally accessible and you would lose that part of each bar for tying items down.

There are some nice options otherwise.

#1 is a drop in T-nut that can go in without taking the bar off
drop in t nut.jpg

The second is a new one, a 1/4 turn drop in stud. These should really help with attaching items. I send along 8 with every rack so people aren't dead in the water when they mount their new rack on a Saturday night and want to bolt stuff on it!
stud.jpg

Otherwise for now they can be had from this site at great pricing.

Much easier than on the truck. Maybe Patrick knows a trick I've missed though.
This is where the new stud would work great. When you tighten it the rotation of the wrench locks it in. Loosen the nut (1/4-20 nut goes on the stud) and it will pop free.

I don't do the machined slot because I really don't think it is worth the extra expense, It would take 4 slots per bar to make it totally accessible and you would lose that part of each bar for tying items down.

There are some nice options otherwise.

#1 is a drop in T-nut that can go in without taking the bar off
View attachment 2082266
The second is a new one, a 1/4 turn drop in stud. These should really help with attaching items. I send along 8 with every rack so people aren't dead in the water when they mount their new rack on a Saturday night and want to bolt stuff on it!
View attachment 2082268

Otherwise for now they can be had from this site at great pricing.

You did supply some t nutz with mine...thanks. I would love to see what people are using to tie things down to their racks. I just knew I needed some kind of rack to put some of the camping/hunting gear as I have a drawer system in the back of my 60. Perhaps people could post some pics of what they are using to secure items on the top of their rack. Are there tie downs available to use those t bolts with?

Loving my new rack and have loaded it up for a hunt and it worked great. Looking at adding an awning. Wondering if folks could post pics or make suggestions on a good awning to compliment my rack. Thoughts- I dont want mine to be longer than the rack so 7" wide would probably be best and I want it to sit close and slim to the rack.....

Any chance to make a 6 rack for a HJ61 with the high roof? Sides would need to be a little taller, but gutters are the same.
All the racks I can find for it are hideously to big, and I don't feel like building one myself.
Prefer your style and powder coated silver. I could give the roof height from gutter if needed.

This is where the new stud would work great. When you tighten it the rotation of the wrench locks it in. Loosen the nut (1/4-20 nut goes on the stud) and it will pop free.
You've got that right bud! I replaced some of my standard bolts with these and it's easy on / easy off for the car wash! thanks Pat. Waiting for those anchor points though let me know.

You've got that right bud! I replaced some of my standard bolts with these and it's easy on / easy off for the car wash! thanks Pat. Waiting for those anchor points though let me know.
Will do, getting on it my freind

Any chance to make a 6 rack for a HJ61 with the high roof? Sides would need to be a little taller, but gutters are the same.
All the racks I can find for it are hideously to big, and I don't feel like building one myself.
Prefer your style and powder coated silver. I could give the roof height from gutter if needed.
I have had the request before and thought it would look wrong but honestly I need to give it more consideration. I will see what I can come up with. Thanks

Amazing! Any more pics without the rent installed? Any idea when these will be back in stock?
I need to do more but here is one.
20190626_193627.jpg

Any idea when this will be available for the 40 series? I'd like to use it for a Christmas tree photoshoot. Thanks!
That sounds cool. I don't have a for certain date because of a few small details but should be very soon.

That sounds cool. I don't have a for certain date because of a few small details but should be very soon.

Thanks for the phone call, Pat. Keep me posted!

@dogfishlake Could you provide the height of the 80 series rack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom