Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@dogfishlake Could you provide the height of the 80 series rack?

The rack sits 2 1/4" above the roof at the highest point in the center of the truck. The side rails are about 6" tall and looks taller overall than it is. My 80 is on 4" springs and 35" tires and clears my 7' garage door easily.

Any updates on the 40 series rack?
The only thing holding up full "on the website" production is getting all the pieces totally repeatable and fitting perfectly without hand fitting. That said, a certain 40 rack for an important family Christmas photo is moving forward nicely.

I got one of these fine pieces of equipment from Pat for my roof top tent. Construction quality could literally not be any better. Mine is raw aluminum which I’m hoping to accent with an Aussie aluminum bar if I can find one.

rack1.jpg
rack2.jpg
rack3.jpg

Last edited:
Just placed an order on one for my 88 FJ62. It showed that you didn’t have the grey in stock. I was wondering what is your lead time on the grey VS the black? My 62 is white so I think the grey might look better... I really like both

Thank you and looking forward to getting mine!!

Carlos
Order #1222

Want to give credit to the owners of the rigs below. Just beautiful!!
Last picture is of my 62

B89EB551-52FF-4CFB-BD0E-532A1FD23169.jpeg
4F5827B3-A6D4-448E-A940-4BD6C1FDD1C8.jpeg

DABDE4A5-3233-4C51-82C7-648EC3353297.jpeg

Last edited:
Just placed an order on one for my 88 FJ62. It showed that you didn’t have the grey in stock. I was wondering what is your lead time on the grey VS the black? My 62 is white so I think the grey might look better... I really like both

Thank you and looking forward to getting mine!!

Carlos
Order #1222

Want to give credit to the owners of the rigs below. Just beautiful!!
Last picture is of my 62

View attachment 2225208View attachment 2225209
View attachment 2225210

I will send you a pm on the grey. We can do that

Sorry I haven't gotten the info on the website but Michigan has shut down all "Non Essential" business until at least April 13. That means me. I am a one man show and work mostly at home but I still can't do the running about needed to acquire parts and materials so unless something changes I will be down for a few weeks. I will be doing a lot of work in the meantime to get ready for orders as well as development work.

Sorry for the hold up!

Completely understand.
We will get through this and I'll be placing an order when we do. thanks for what you are doing!
Thank you!

Pat great job on the 40 rack. Only revision I'd recommend was the holes on the visor like we talked for more clearance or perhaps just one big slot in the side pieces as opposed to two smaller ones so you get full adjustment. I believe the clamp bolts were cut down 1/4" to clear fiberglass better as well.

IMG951765.jpg
IMG951763.jpg
IMG951764.jpg
IMG_1752..jpg
IMG_1751..jpg

Last edited:
I think Tucker wants a roller for the back too. Are you stocking those or is that a drop ship from somewhere?

View attachment 2274610
Awesome! Looks great on the beautiful 40!

I appreciate the feedback and final changes are in the works so I can FINALLY get this rack up on the site (when it is deemed "essential" here). Besides the first prototype on my 40, there is Tucker's rack and one for @Voodoocruisers that I am not sure is installed yet.

Making that crazy compound bend in the front work has been tough, but I think it is there.

I think Tucker wants a roller for the back too. Are you stocking those or is that a drop ship from somewhere?

View attachment 2274610
I am trying to stock those. Having a little trouble with the perfect bushing for the cross shaft so it doesn't rattle. I have to make a specific kit for the 40 because it is so wide so I will just plan on making a test mule for Tucker's truck.

MWB 73/74 roof racks coming soon right!?!? 😅
I've got about a hundred hours of "stand and stare" time into it. I kind of have an idea of how to do it. I will definitely make one for mine, so.......

I've got about a hundred hours of "stand and stare" time into it. I kind of have an idea of how to do it. I will definitely make one for mine, so.......
Waiting for you to get back on line. My LX450 will.get no other rack than a Bowfin! Love the look and especially the clamp design. Kick myself for not ordering before the shutdown. I have an awning just waiting to go on the rock complete my build.:bounce::bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom