BORA Wheel spacers (motorsport-tech.com) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased wheel spacers from Lenny over at motorsport-tech.com and I wanted to say that he has by far, the highest regard for customer service. There was a mix up with the order not once, but twice. Each time it was brought to his attention he was all over it. I'd purchased from him in the past for my previous vehicles and after the first mix up with this order I thought this may be the last. Nope! Customer for life right here. I strongly recommend them for anything they offer, especially the highly regarded BORA wheel spacers. Top notch quality and top notch customer service.

They mixed up my order as well few years ago. I waited 2-3 weeks only to get the wrong spacers.
I called Slee after that and had a set in a few days.

I recently purchased wheel spacers from Lenny over at motorsport-tech.com and I wanted to say that he has by far, the highest regard for customer service. There was a mix up with the order not once, but twice. Each time it was brought to his attention he was all over it. I'd purchased from him in the past for my previous vehicles and after the first mix up with this order I thought this may be the last. Nope! Customer for life right here. I strongly recommend them for anything they offer, especially the highly regarded BORA wheel spacers. Top notch quality and top notch customer service.
Care to go into detail about what happened? Sure they screwed up twice and fixed it both times, but how did he go above and beyond? Seems it happened to someone else and they weren't as impressed.

I just installed my 1". I think they improve the stance a lot.

No problems with the order, Larry emailed to verify what I wanted. He said they are happy to consider group buys.

Also a good experience and a good product for me. Spoke with Lenny on the phone. Got my 1"spacers when promised. Form, finish, and function are great.

Care to go into detail about what happened? Sure they screwed up twice and fixed it both times, but how did he go above and beyond? Seems it happened to someone else and they weren't as impressed.

My original order was for 1.5" spacers. Later that night I emailed requesting to change the order to 1.25" which he did. When my spacers arrived a week later, they were 1.25" but were missing the milling required for the front set to accommodate the hub. I called him to explain the situation and he immediately started getting another pair made up. I reminded him of the width change post order and he thought maybe that was the monkey wrench that caused the whole thing. Nonetheless, I'll have another pair with proper milling in a few days. The new set arrived and after ensuring that the milling was present, I pull out my tape measure and wouldn't you know it... 1.5". We'll, call him back, explain again I needed 1.25" and again immediately indicated a new pair will be sent. He said he should have canceled the 1.5" order to begin with and had a re-order for 1.25" instead of relying on post it notes. Either way, I'm happy. Did I have to wait a month to finally have the parts, ya but I wasn't inconvenienced any and he was on top of it while maintaining a high degree of professionalism. It was ultimately his (or his companies) screw up but he owned it....without hesitation. It's getting harder and harder to find people who don't try to pass the buck.

Good to know. It's refreshing when people own up to their mistakes. We all make them, after all.

I just installed my 1". I think they improve the stance a lot.

No problems with the order, Larry emailed to verify what I wanted. He said they are happy to consider group buys.

Nice! I'm thinking of 1.25 or even 1.5. Currently running 285/65/18 on my 98 LX. I think the 1.5 would give me the "slightly" wider stance I'm looking for.

IMG_3279.JPG
I think the 1.5 would give me the "slightly" wider stance I'm looking for.
Thanks, 1" puts my tires right at the edge of the fender.

Sorry to hijack your thread @taco47001 , just trying to chime in about BORA.

Received my spacers, took about 3 weeks. I had used some spidertrax spacers on a 4runner years ago, and if I recall they said to use blue locktight when installing them. The Bora directions do not say to do so, whats the consensus on doing this?

I would say that the BORA spacers appear to be every bit as quality as the Spidertrax ones.

pic for comparison 1 1/4"

IMG_20190905_090901976.jpg

I used a little Blue Loctite on mine. 98ft lbs. Never had any issues.

I used blue lock tite every time. Never read it anywhere, but doesn't hurt to just play it safe. I seem to always read/hear nightmare stories about spacers, but have never had an issue. I have used at least 6 pairs on past cars. (cheap eBay ones too o_O in my younger days) I have used slee and Bora spacers, both equally well built product. I prefer Bora because of the black / lower cost. with tax and shipping, the spidertraxx are typically about $40 more per pair. The one Slee benefit is usually availability and quick shipping if you are in need. Bora always has a 2-3 week lead time. I'm sure there is some science as to why Toyota's use the wheel offset they do on their stock wheels, but to anyone looking to improve the look, stance, possibly off-road capability of their truck, wheel spacers is a must!

Is the common understanding to do the front and rear equally? I thought it was more for the front because the hubs come towards the center (think front diff) of the truck due to the geometry of IFS combined with a lift. A lift at the rear wouldn't do that. Thoughts are welcome.

1842-

^^^ I did 1.25" in the front and 1" in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom