Boneyard FJ62 in Santa Fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
I found out from Tim I needed a part for the motor. So I figured I would run up to Santa Fe and see what's left of the corpse I originally took the parts from. Before I left I called them and they told me it was gone, but they had another wagon. Cool. At the same time David L. tells me the 62 has been gone, but there was a 60 up there missing axles. Ummm. Were they the same, different?

With a little time to spare I drove up there this morning to find a fresh FJ62, nearly unmolested. The only thing I saw missing were the mirrors [shoot], the radio, and the lower covers on the streering column. Everything under the hood was still there.

So what happens ... I go into a feeding frenzy and start pulling things. At first I just want a few extra EFI stuff ... then ummm, that would be nice ... then, ummm, I still have some time to kill, think I'll pull ....

Story short I removed:

- The dizzy with a nice set of NGK 8mm wires.
- ECU
- Coil with ignitor
- Air Flow Meter, in better condition than the first one
- Throttle position sensor
- Idle control valve with hoses
- Cold start injector with tube
- Circuit open relay
- Main relay
- Intake tube (between AFM and TB), again in better shape than the first
- Upper and lower thermostat housings (don't know why, guess it was the frenzy)
- 4WD VSV's (haven't test yet, figure somebody could use them)
- Three-pack VSV's (smog pump, EGR, fuel pressure regulator)
- Dash gauge dim switch
- Oil fill cap, again better than what I have
- and a few other little things.

This truck was near spotless under the hood. Super clean. New Gates green stripe belts, really nice. It did have a popped upper rad hose which makes me wonder if the motor was cooked. I might go back to get the harness since it was really in nice shape.

So, if ya need something ya better get up there. I almost took the knuckle parts, but was out of time. Anybody know how well the seats could be adapted to da'40?

As far as the part I needed. Tim heard from the machine shop the crank pulley was "warped." He is going to check the runout when he gets it in hand. Problem is I went up there with CO2 and the impact gun, but forgot to pack a puller [drat]. So, anybody have a crank pulley they arn't usin'?

Oh, the tab for the above assortment ... $75 :grinpimp: .

Score!

The window switches could come in handy for someone.

Score!

The window switches could come in handy for someone.

I thought about that, but seems at least one set had a broken switch button.

Anybody know how well the seats could be adapted to da'40?
60 series seats suck - you would all kinds of better boneyard options.

You gotta be careful going to the salvage yard with a little disposable income...all sorts of stuff starts to look good when you've got some cash to blow :D

When are we gonna put some sliders on that 4Runner?

-R-

You gotta be careful going to the salvage yard with a little disposable income...

That's covered. I have a garnishment already...........;) :lol:

Now I know why it's there. It's starting to get picked over. No Aisin hubs, rear hatch missing, R front door missing. Most of the EFI now missing :grinpimp:. Crank pulley still there ... CO2 wasn't enough to bust the nut loose, especially after my tank froze over.

Jon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom