Bolt on turbo kit (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the expectation for running this in the AZ summer heat when's it's 122F ?

What's the expectation for running this in the AZ summer heat when's it's 122F ?

Expectation is that some trucks will run hotter and some won’t. Same as with the SC. I had overheating issues completely unrelated to the SC. Now that they are solved I no longer have overheating issues and my summers are 115-118°

I had overheating issues completely unrelated to the SC. Now that they are solved I no longer have overheating issues and my summers are 115-118°

Yep. That was a quick read:flipoff2:

How many of you are doing the shift kit? Wondering about it myself now.

FWIW I asked my mechanic buddy and he said “If you’re turboing it you’re definitely going to want the shift kit to go with it.”

He knows LC’s as much as anyone so that was all the endorsement I needed, especially since it’s literally just over 1% more $$$ on top of the turbo cost.

A few, very few, folks have gotten massive refunds...

...just saying. :mad:

...vote.
Weird. I usually have to pay a few K, but this year getting a slight refund and have 20k higher adjusted gross income than 2017. I’m very middle class.. not rich, not poor. I think a lot of people think they’re getting hosed, when in reality they had much less withholding throughout 2018.

Weird. I usually have to pay a few K, but this year getting a slight refund and have 20k higher adjusted gross income than 2017. I’m very middle class.. not rich, not poor. I think a lot of people think they’re getting hosed, when in reality they had much less withholding throughout 2018.

You are the exception not the rule.

Boom!!
My exact scenerio, youre not alone.

Did you guys use TURBO tax...:rofl:

If you say so, but don’t see why. The tax rate on every single tax bracket went down and the standard deduction doubled.

Bingo. You got more throughout the year.
Not only did the standard deduction double, the child tax credit doubled too, & the threshold to qualify went up (that’s a good thing).

Tax class & griping is over. :deadhorse:

Back to your regularly scheduled show.

I want to hear about Joey’s “ancillary” turbo-related projects he’s thinking about! Gauges, do-dads, non-smog related options, etc. 😁

Well, update time...

Last friday was supposed to be my dyno schedule time for three different configurations: 1. Turbo 2WD, 2. Turbo 4WD and 3. SC 4WD. Since I got pushed for a Lamborghini, the slot doesn't push down the line. Instead its like rain days in golf, you just need to schedule the next one. They dyno shop said they will fit me in this week but late today said they can't schedule me now until the next week Wed.

With that I contacted SEMA about doing the final CARB emissions testing this week so that it would be done in time for the dyno shop. They can do it on Monday but I wouldn't get it back until Friday. That wouldn't work so now SEMA will get the truck after the dyno runs.

I contacted the pipe shop about getting the jigs made while the truck is waiting for dyno. They can't do much until next week which pushes me into dyno and SEMA timing. This means nothing happens until the 17th. The SEMA portion will take about a week. Once they are done and ASSUMING I pass emissions, then the truck gets parked in my driveway and gets torn down to start final fabrication of the last few bits.

Sorry, I had envision getting the truck back going very different.

I plan to do a boost and UEGO gauge mounted to the column, something like this:

asm-gau-0XX_install_05x800.jpg

Last time I mounted them down under the climate control and it was too low to look at without taking your eyes completely off the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom