bolt on my @$$

Visit site
I just finished my install of a man-a-fre header and JT heat riser. Couple things. I had to grind out almost every bolt notch in the header. I also had to grind off a corner of the heat riser plate because it hit the header and wouldn't let the manifold seat properly. Anybody have these problems? I got the header from shop that did a v8 conv on another fj40. It may have been off an F engine...? could it? I have a 2F.

Also, JT"s did not include the gasket or bolts for the heat riser. I assumed that they would be seeing as you're not going to install it without a gasket and bolts... my question is.... did they just forget to throw them in there? do I need to specify in the future that i need every little peice? or am I the ahole for expecting too much and assuming? :beer:

Visit site
Sounds like you got a pretty standard deal from JTO. As for the MAF header, I didn't have to do any grinding on the one for my F, in fact, I would have liked things a little tighter. But, there you are.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Visit site
Needing to make the bolt notches on the header assemblies a little larger is not something unheard of.

The F engine has smaller manifold studs than does a 2F.

Good luck!

-Steve

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Website
www.roamwherever.com
[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9921;start=msg87992#msg87992 date=1073698090]
Sounds like you got a pretty standard deal from JTO. As for the MAF header, I didn't have to do any grinding on the one for my F, in fact, I would have liked things a little tighter. But, there you are.
[/quote]

God, we've heard that............A BILLION times.

Visit site
[quote author=TJDIV link=board=1;threadid=9921;start=msg88151#msg88151 date=1073714938]
God, we've heard that............A BILLION times.
[/quote]

:cheers: a BILLION!

Visit site
Run a search on JTO for a discussion with some varied opinions. But, yes, missing parts/wrong parts SEEM to be complaints that have come up before. I would not say "last resort," myself, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom