Body removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone has the body fsm and would be willing to upload the section on removing the body I would be very appreciative.

Or if anyone can post up a basic synopsis on how to remove a body from a 97 80 series I would be grateful.

Anybody have it? X3 ^

Anybody have it? X3 ^

Ok body removal of the FZJ80 first remove all 10 body nuts and washers, there is one special washer on the passenger that has a heat shield save that to protect the body rubber, now there are brake lines ( four of them ) that need to be loose and away from the body, So now you need to unplug the electrical wires there is one ABS in the driver side behind the fender well, don't forget it then there are 2 in the rear just look and you can tell which ones, that need to be unplugged and there is a ground wire on the transfer case, you will also need to remove the 2 radiator large hoses
Now inside the cab ( I pull both front seats it makes life easy) your shifter can be disconnected from underneath, and clips the linkage don't lose the washers and hair pins, now you need to disconnect the wiring harness and shove it through the fire wall and lay it on top of the engine, also the throttle cable and cruise control cable hooked to the control on the right side of the body .

I hope this helps, and make sure you go over it a couple of times to make sure you did not miss anything .

Also need to pull the fan and shroud out to as the shroud is bolted to the radiator whilst the fan is obviously bolted to the water pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom