Blower motor / ac problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I’m having issues with my blower motor. I’ve been looking on here at potential fixes. It trips the CB with the ac on. Initially it was perfect, then it went to over the third highest setting would trip now it’s over the second setting, it’s a new blower motor. I checked the a pillar ground. It appears fine, no sign of corrosion. I understand there is a plug under the dash that has been known to have a bad connection but I don’t know where it is, the one photo I could find I couldn’t reference anything in the pic well enough to find it. Every time it trips, the wires around the blower motor aren’t hot but the CB gets hot. If it means anything my compressor is brand new and it doesn’t cycle, it just runs constant. Thanks in advance for any help

As electric motors begin to go out, they draw more amperage. You could try using a electrical cleaner to help clear out some carbon build up to see if it helps.
Hey guys, I’m having issues with my blower motor. I’ve been looking on here at potential fixes. It trips the CB with the ac on. Initially it was perfect, then it went to over the third highest setting would trip now it’s over the second setting, it’s a new blower motor. I checked the a pillar ground. It appears fine, no sign of corrosion. I understand there is a plug under the dash that has been known to have a bad connection but I don’t know where it is, the one photo I could find I couldn’t reference anything in the pic well enough to find it. Every time it trips, the wires around the blower motor aren’t hot but the CB gets hot. If it means anything my compressor is brand new and it doesn’t cycle, it just runs constant. Thanks in advance for any help

if this just started happening with the new blower, it points to the new blower as being an issue.
especially if it was from overseas. quality is not high on some items

I'm totally with 3_puppies - if a problem occurs after you changed something. Go back and check that even if the part is new.
If its tripping the fuse only on certain speed settings it could also well be a short in the (speed) resistor which sits at the side of the blower/heater box.
What was the story before you replaced the blower motor ?

Mine did the same thing. I bought another CB as someone said those will wear out and it would still trip on high...I bypassed that CB with an inline fuse and it hasn't happened again. I I used the same size fuse as the CB. Wires do not get hot. I ordered these off ebay and just put a blade connector on the ends. Cheap fix....let us know how a new motor worked out if you went that route. Is the new motor quieter? how much was it and where did you buy it?
FJ60ACFuse.jpeg

The new motor has been working well, when the system doesn’t trip out, it’s just as quiet as the factory, blows well. It was import direct from oriellys it was only $35 or so. I’m going to test the amp draw tonight. Maybe it is a bad cb but I’d like to keep a cab in it. Try to keep it original. I’ll fuse it if I have to but that’s kinda last resort.

The new motor has been working well, when the system doesn’t trip out, it’s just as quiet as the factory, blows well. It was import direct from oriellys it was only $35 or so. I’m going to test the amp draw tonight. Maybe it is a bad cb but I’d like to keep a cab in it. Try to keep it original. I’ll fuse it if I have to but that’s kinda last resort.
yeah, I try to keep my truck mostly original, but I was chasing a number of things when this happened to me. This was a quick fix that has lasted for years....and you cant see it with the door on....just a different type of fuse.

I’ll give it a try. I might have a spare fuse holder kicking around. Just so I can have some peace of mind. I heard that there was a pigtail under the dash that those grounds run through, any idea where it is?

do you still have the old motor. you can put new brushes in it

my build post 603

still might not solve your problem but if the fuse bypass idea doesn’t work might be something to try

part number for the circuit breaker is 82650-20011. I think these are still available from Toyota, but cost about as much as your motor. Below is a list of vehicles that uses the same part. Maybe if you have a pick and pull near you or have a friend that will let you try theirs.

1658935304776.png

I’ll give it a try. I might have a spare fuse holder kicking around. Just so I can have some peace of mind. I heard that there was a pigtail under the dash that those grounds run through, any idea where it is?
Hi there...
Please kindly allow me to follow up on your post and progress.
I am having the same issue with the CB kept breaking. Mine is 1984 and still has original blower fan.

I have replaced with a brand new CB and it still have the same issue.
I would be most grateful if you could help with the information if you had found a solution.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mark Bu

Hi there...
Please kindly allow me to follow up on your post and progress.
I am having the same issue with the CB kept breaking. Mine is 1984 and still has original blower fan.

I have replaced with a brand new CB and it still have the same issue.
I would be most grateful if you could help with the information if you had found a solution.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mark Bu
PM me your address and I will send you a bypass like I used. I had to order a pack of them so I have a life time supply. I have been using it since I think 2017 and the wire does not heat up and the fuse has not blown so completely safe. Mine would mostly be fine on low but would blow after a time on high. Very frustrating and I had bigger things to chase.

It appears (tentatively) that it’s was the CB for me. I put a new blower in. All the grounds and junctions look good. The wiring gets warm but not hot. I bought a new CB from Toyota to the tune of $42. The contacts in the fuse panel look clean and engage well. But the breaker does still get warm/hot. Cool enough you can still touch it but noticeably warmer than I suspect it should be, however it seems to be holding so far.

It appears (tentatively) that it’s was the CB for me. I put a new blower in. All the grounds and junctions look good. The wiring gets warm but not hot. I bought a new CB from Toyota to the tune of $42. The contacts in the fuse panel look clean and engage well. But the breaker does still get warm/hot. Cool enough you can still touch it but noticeably warmer than I suspect it should be, however it seems to be holding so far.
Hi There,
Thank you for your kind reply... I too have had two brand new CB replaced yet the issue persist. I have a NOS blower fan but yet to replace it.
I am wondering if the compressor has anything to do with this issue... Quite frustrating not having a true understanding of the cause(s)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom