Blits Bonnets, 80 hood scoop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been thinking about purchasing a hood from Blits Bonnets out of AU. They don't accept paypal or credit cards though. They will only accept a direct bank account transfer. This makes me a little nervouse as there is little that can be done to dispute the purchase if there is a problem. The hood is expensive too, so it would hurt if it got destroyed in shipping as a result of poor packaging.

Has anyone on the forum bought one of these hoods.

Pictures from their site.

BLITSdesigntoyota80series6-1.jpg

BLITSDESIGN80SERIESLANDCRUISERBONNET1 (1).jpeg

Good looking hood. Looks like it’s functional too. Can hot air vent from the back and sides?

Good looking hood. Looks like it’s functional too. Can hot air vent from the back and sides?

I don't know a whole lot about them. Ot is a fiberglass hood. I assume the vents are functional. I am hopping to talk with them on the phone to find out more.

Look forward to what you hear. Please post an update.

Will do.

Ive been looking at this hood and have talked via email with them. Im waiting for more pics their supposed to post of it.

looks like they custom make each with a given order,payment up front.in this day and age someone that doesn't take CC or some form of e payment,i would be very skeptical of sending them any money,hell you can get pussy with a credit card.unless these guys have a stellar reputation i would venture elsewhere.

Ive been looking at this hood and have talked via email with them. Im waiting for more pics their supposed to post of it.

If you get more information sooner please share ot here. Did they gove you another option to pay?

looks like they custom make each with a given order,payment up front.in this day and age someone that doesn't take CC or some form of e payment,i would be very skeptical of sending them any money,hell you can get pussy with a credit card.unless these guys have a stellar reputation i would venture elsewhere.

I like the look of it but would consider other options. I have not found any yet. The only other option is to build my own. I am not there yet. The risk is a concern.

Last edited:
They don't accept paypal or credit cards though. They will only accept a direct bank account transfer. This makes me a little nervouse as there is little that can be done to dispute the purchase if there is a problem. The hood is expensive too, so it would hurt if it got destroyed in shipping as a result of poor packaging.
this specifically would be a dealbreaker for me, there are enough ways this could go wrong and you remove any leverage you have by paying by bank transfer. 100% do not do business with anyone that won't accept regular forms of payment in 2020.

I’m wondering if this is a AU thing the LS/LT swap guys who maybe need hood mods for S/C clearance of say a LSA or a LT4.

But then again, if you have a LT4, you almost ought to be on D60’s / Rockwells with what that motor can hold :oops:

Then a $1450 hood is chump change.

Why would anyone spend money to make their LC less capable? These are Land Cruisers not Subaru WRX STI's

I have a intercooled 6bt cummins in my cruiser. I want a vented hood to provide more air flow under the hood to reduce temperature around the turbo and ac lines.

I don't see how changing the hood makes a cruiser less cable, regardless of your reason for doing it.

I would consider it if we had a similar option in the states. Im sure it would help keep the LS underhood temps better. Mine get a little warm while towing. No way would I have it shipped from Australia. Pricing is pretty fair imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom