Bling longs/longs vs. pigs/longs...

Here's my setup....

77 LC Axle, ARB...stock axles, 35" tires

Thinking might be a good time to upgrade shafts there...which way to go?

Longfield all the way? 300M?

Longfield 27 splines 4340?

Longfield 27 4340 ( i assume) and Pig inners?

Then I also assume I will need to change to AISIN hubs, mini trucks or FJ60 correct?

woody

unhelpful spotter
Staff member
Admin

Aisin = minitruck/fj60 - correct

I run chromo Longfields (27-spline) and PIG Gen2 inners....when I did the inners, I had ring'd longs installed and Bobby had not yet done really good inners...

IMO, tossup....both have excellent warranties and good pricing....given my ordering experience with Poly, I'd make a huge nod to Bobby's throughout tho...

I stuck with 27's since you can still interchange in the remote chance you do break one...honestly, I'm not sure that's enuf of a concern to matter....damn things is strong!

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

The new 30 spline longs.....

Aisin lock out.

Good luck!

-Steve

woody said:
Aisin = minitruck/fj60 - correct

I run chromo Longfields (27-spline) and PIG Gen2 inners....when I did the inners, I had ring'd longs installed and Bobby had not yet done really good inners...

IMO, tossup....both have excellent warranties and good pricing....given my ordering experience with Poly, I'd make a huge nod to Bobby's throughout tho...

I stuck with 27's since you can still interchange in the remote chance you do break one...honestly, I'm not sure that's enuf of a concern to matter....damn things is strong!

I honestly don't see myself going above 37's with this rig. Prolly stay with 35's...you never know ;)

so now...is the price diff. worth the 300m bling?

Top Bottom