Black Plastidip/Auto Dip/Paint work on LX470 Front Grille (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am not a big fan of gold or shiny chrome so I plastidipped what I could in Anthracite.

I also did the grill. I really love how this turned out. It doubles as a protective barrier for the grille :)

I don't have a pic of it, but I went back and did the entire panel that holds the rear license plate. I like how it sort of matches the front og the vehicle.

The process is easy. Have fun with it.

I didn’t love the color of Anthracite Plastidip on my 99 so I painted over the Palsti with silver spray paint, which isn’t recommended, but it heald up really well...until it hit a boat propeller. Frustratingly, the 99 is going in for its 3rd grill next week.
368B2C10-7932-4F3D-94B8-AB9095F34253.jpeg
77007F84-58DD-4BCE-B636-5B4A9DA535F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not a big fan of gold or shiny chrome so I plastidipped what I could in Anthracite.

I also did the grill. I really love how this turned out. It doubles as a protective barrier for the grille :)

I don't have a pic of it, but I went back and did the entire panel that holds the rear license plate. I like how it sort of matches the front og the vehicle.

The process is easy. Have fun with it.

I was gonna post about your rig and how good it looks with the plasti but figured you'd pop up on the thread. Was even talking to friends yesterday about how it made your LX look more rugged since most local LX rigs, as you've probably noticed, are driven by fancy moms.

I was gonna post about your rig and how good it looks with the plasti but figured you'd pop up on the thread. Was even talking to friends yesterday about how it made your LX look more rugged since most local LX rigs, as you've probably noticed, are driven by fancy moms.

Those fancy moms probably chuckle at boys painting the emblems on their trucks!

@Cargo1234
I dig 'em wheels. Can you give me the link of the product (plasti dip) from Amazon?

Also, should we put any other products before or after the coat?

some people like to put a Glossifier coat on after the Plasti. It adds a little sheen and claims to protect the Plasti from fading...

Clearly, some of you removed your badges to spray them- was this difficult? Willing to share any insight before I undertake the task? Dislike the gold-tone badges.

Clearly, some of you removed your badges to spray them- was this difficult? Willing to share any insight before I undertake the task? Dislike the gold-tone badges.

You don't have to. Start with everything clean, then just spray away. The Plastidip just peels right off of paint while it's fresh.

The only thing I'd be cautious of is getting the Plastidip in places that would be difficult to peel up afterwards—seams, etc. As long as you're just sticking to the emblems and not spraying wildly all over the place, you'll be fine.

Nope. Didn't remove the badges. No need.

Check out some of the youtube videos for plastidip. It is actually pretty neat how they separate and peel away around the emblems and badges.

I like the look of the anthracite but I may just actually legit paint mine. I have some LX470 wheels coming I’m gonna put on my LC. I’ll post results when I do it.

I like the look of the anthracite but I may just actually legit paint mine. I have some LX470 wheels coming I’m gonna put on my LC. I’ll post results when I do it.

Cool I post my wheels after I finish

I have no experience with plastidip. How does it wear on the wheels? Is it durable? The colors look great.

I have the duplicolor version of plastidipped on my wheels now and it’s lasted fine. I didn’t even clean them well, I just wanted the ruined finish of the alloy covered for cool guy points. I’ve been driving in north east winter weather with zero problems. The key is to put enough layers on so that you can remove it

I took my 2000 LC grille out today and was amazed how simple it was. Three screws on top and two tabs on the bottom.

Bam!

45013675-05AD-4EDC-AB46-841484EDDABC.jpeg

This is after using this
DDD9C837-9A36-4C9D-8CD2-EA6C8E3CA4B1.jpeg

To cover these wheels when I bought it
0EAF6DB7-21A8-4DA4-9A70-C09C6731FE0A.jpeg

I think it’s a little too light for what I want. That anthracite seems dark enough to look good without being generic black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom