Black Grill on Non-F-Sports (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
I ended up getting a luxury trim model, it has all of the options that I requested on the F-Sport model, except for the black grill. (No black wheel, but I plan on getting some 18s with some duratracs for those)

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has seen a mock-up or (if it is easy to do) can create a mock-up of a non F-Sport with a black grill? I am trying to imagine how the horizontal slats would look in black….and I have a poor imagination…
155E5A87-6ED6-4667-967E-842C817999B2.jpeg

I am also curious as to others input as to the best way to make the above grill black?

Vinyl overlay stickers?

Plastidip seems like a pain, plus I don’t want to plastidip my new car or have to deal with the upkeep….

Painting? I know nothing about painting I assume the grill is all plastic, would need to be sanded down and then repainted? I am sure this is an easy job for a paint shop, as long as the grill is easy for me to remove/install….?

Swapping with F-sport grill? I can’t confirm, but I am thinking they are different sizes and can’t simply be swapped, I could be wrong. If this was possible this would be the ideal situation.

I pickup the car in about 10 days, I am guessing the ease of removal and install will be apparent then.

I found this pic of the Japanese off-road edition. Looks decent imo
D087994C-5A48-4784-9D81-8555E623FD60.jpeg

F Sport is not a swap.

If you take the grille off you will need to get dealership to recalculate all the sensors in the front when you remove the center emblem.

Which I think is 4 to 6 shop hours. We learned this the hard way years ago doing black outs.

You could have it wrapped on the truck.

Lexus sells one with the appearance package and they have pictures on the website just like the one above.
Good thinking, not sure how I missed the most obvious answer. Thanks.

video of the OE package

Thank you.
F Sport is not a swap.

If you take the grille off you will need to get dealership to recalculate all the sensors in the front when you remove the center emblem.

Which I think is 4 to 6 shop hours. We learned this the hard way years ago doing black outs.

Ouch, that sucks.

Follow-up question, is there a site where we can search and order LX600 parts?

Tried to find a site initially as I was looking at the F-sport grill. However, with the knowledge bomb Bomar dropped on me, I can just order the appearance package parts and swap them.

Problem is, I can’t find any sites that list the parts. I can even narrow it to “2022 Lexus LX600” but the results given are from previous models….

Dealerships can dig up the part numbers. OE parts diagrams with part numbers for new Toyotas & Lexus’ always take a long time to spread out to online sources on the web.

Got the parts prices….not cheap to convert after delivery. Additionally, the price below does not include the 18” rims.
EDA2928E-4109-43EB-BBE2-5E671A2F8993.jpeg

I think a good option at this point would simply be to find the best vinyl wrap company in your area and give them a blank check to match the appearance package with the newest-tech satin black vinyl they have access to. Even at the highest end place, I can't imagine you'd be out more than ~$2k or so. They may even be willing to cut a better deal if you combined with a PPF install.

F Sport is not a swap.

This is a joke, yes?

Removing the emblem/grill requires sensor recalibration?

I know in past it stores in computer it was removed so if errors with system then you are on your own in Lexus eyes.

So it is a risk you are taking.

We were doing work at the dealership.

I know in past it stores in computer it was removed so if errors with system then you are on your own in Lexus eyes.

So it is a risk you are taking.

We were doing work at the dealership.

I am sure every dealership is happy to charge for it and it wouldn’t surprise me if a dealership recommends it. I am sure for their own liability it is always recommended.

If I recall correctly, it just clips in behind the emblem, which are in the same location on both grilles.

I am guessing (not claiming to be a cert. mechanic) that it is similar to the camera systems that mount on the windshield. If you don’t disconnect the electronics and use OEM glass, I have never had a problem swapping the windshields.

In the rural area I live, I am replacing a windshield about every 1-2 yrs. I have replaced X5M, G-Wagon, Supra in the past 4yrs. Just waiting for the glass to arrive for the LX600’s new windshield. Never calibrated and never had an issue. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom