Black Emblems for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if Toyota offered OEM black or black pearl emblems for the 200's? Saw a 2010 the other day with these in place (Toyota badges front and back, Land Cruiser on rear, and V8 emblem) and it looked great. I know there are eBay knock-offs but was curious if these existed as a factory option.

I have never seen them for the 200 (but I had black pearl on a former 80 and it was awesome!).

Paint, Plastidip, and Hyperdip seem to be the most common. I think some people have tried to wrap them with vinyl too. Tricky with all of the nooks, crannies and curves.

I think it's more then likely plastic dip or paint. I too would love the decals in black though.

I've longed for black emblems since day one. 3D Printed versions wouldn't be very refined, plastidip is just meh, vinyl wrap isn't much better and costs a lot more. Sadly those are the options.

I have never seen them for the 200 (but I had black pearl on a former 80 and it was awesome!).

Paint, Plastidip, and Hyperdip seem to be the most common. I think some people have tried to wrap them with vinyl too. Tricky with all of the nooks, crannies and curves.
Same here, had a 40th Anniversary and liked the look... you're right, lots of nooks and curves, so would avoid unless there was some Toyota factory option for those. Probably just happened to see a 200 that someone took extra time to make perfect.

they have them on ebay. both glossy and flat, I wrapped mine to keep it oem, came out decent for the most part, pic below.

IMG-6206.jpg

Eric Sarjeant's shop frequently paints emblems them with success on very high end builds. He has posted that they buy new emblems and paint them rather than deal with replacing the double sided tape, but they're a professional shop and time is money.

I've used 3M trim adhesive with success to re-mount emblems.

My local paint guy hates painting chrome painted plastic trim/emblems, says he can't guarantee how it will turn out, but it always turns out nice. He scuffs them with a 3M pad, cleans/degreases, uses an etching primer, then hits them with color coats of Imron automotive paint. It isn't cheap since it is all labor time, but if you hate chrome, worth it.

I am currently still running Hyperdip that I tried as a color tester (Anthracite) after over a year and two winter seasons. I'm still planning to paint once the Hyperdip fails, but I didn't think it would last anywhere near this long. It is surprisingly durable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom