BJ74 Heater Control Assembly Replacement - Advice Needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On my Bj73 I had leaking heater core. Rusted solid control cables. Broken plastic pieces and disconnected parts. Vehicle did not have AC and I wanted it. 70 series are generally not in US salvage yards. Instead of trying to rebuild/replace 30+ year old plastic parts and retrofit some imported factory AC I gutted the whole system and replaced it with a Vintage Air super series heat cool defrost unit. It fit, it works great, about $800 total in parts..........If you can't make the original system work again/can't get suitable replacement parts, I recommend the vintage air system.

On my Bj73 I had leaking heater core. Rusted solid control cables. Broken plastic pieces and disconnected parts. Vehicle did not have AC and I wanted it. 70 series are generally not in US salvage yards. Instead of trying to rebuild/replace 30+ year old plastic parts and retrofit some imported factory AC I gutted the whole system and replaced it with a Vintage Air super series heat cool defrost unit. It fit, it works great, about $800 total in parts..........If you can't make the original system work again/can't get suitable replacement parts, I recommend the vintage air system.

Do you have any pictures of this? I don't really need that setup, but It think it would be helpful for people to see options.

Thanks, I will be patient and wait to see how that works out...

Update: I took my car into a shop for a bunch of small items and they were able to connect the new heater cable. The car was on the lift when I went in last so I was not able to verify, but they made it sound like there were no issues installing it. So the new assembly and the new cable are compatible with our older cars.

Luckily I was able to get all the replacement pieces I needed in. However if I end up needing a new system I'll look into this. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom