Wanted BJ42/BJ46 Vacuum shift diaphragm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
Long shot, but maybe someone has one?

Just looking for the diaphragm assembly.

2019-04-07 17.10.53.jpg

Just ordered one from amayama. Was not cheap, though!

Wow, figured that would be long NLA. I just put an order in myself and sure enough, they accepted the order. Neat

Now the question... any chance one of these things clears an early-72 floorpan?

Would be curious what that would do to the vacuum lines that looked are designed to fit between the frame and tub.

That’s the easy part. Simply replace 36486-60010 with a banjo bolt. M10x1.25 banjo bolts are very commonly available

1B6936E4-D05C-430E-9662-E598C1F43485.jpeg

AA426411-79D6-408D-8D2C-8B6A561FC497.jpeg

Now the question... any chance one of these things clears an early-72 floorpan?
There’s not much difference in space between the top of the frame and bottom of floor at that location between a 1981 and 1971 truck. It’s certainly less than an inch. That small amount may make a difference, though.

There’s not much difference in space between the top of the frame and bottom of floor at that location between a 1981 and 1971 truck. It’s certainly less than an inch. That small amount may make a difference, though.

Cool. @PhrogsPhorever looks like it's a go! :lol:

Just got an email from Amayama that they’re no longer available.

I was going to ask if the shaft and fork came with the vacuum diaphragm it wasn't clear on Amayama if came as part of the diaphragm. Spend the coin want to be sure had everything needed. Too bad it's no longer available. I did see they have already updated their site to show them NLA. Better than the past. Ordered parts and were told they were NLA and continued showing available with a price. I find other parts showing available that doubt really have them. Would order a five speed skid plate just to see if they had them. But I don't needed another.

I was going to ask if the shaft and fork came with the vacuum diaphragm it wasn't clear on Amayama if came as part of the diaphragm. Spend the coin want to be sure had everything needed. Too bad it's no longer available. I did see they have already updated their site to show them NLA. Better than the past. Ordered parts and were told they were NLA and continued showing available with a price. I find other parts showing available that doubt really have them. Would order a five speed skid plate just to see if they had them. But I don't needed another.

the shaft and fork (and collar) are all available in the US very inexpensively.

the shaft and fork (and collar) are all available in the US very inexpensively.

I was referring the shft for the vacuum shift which is a different part number 36313-60060 for the. Says it's for the magnetic shift.

May be same as the one for our FJ62 but would have researched further if available. Been thinking about the one that Amayama showed as available for quite a while. Wasn't sure was worth it. I have multiple transfer shifters available for the H55F in the 40 series including one from the BJ42.

Last edited:
I was referring the shft for the vacuum shift which is a different part number 36313-60060 for the. Says it's for the magnetic shift.

I understand. I assumed that the shaft would be the same for a 60/70 series vacuum pod. As you found it does have a different part number. Maybe interchangeable?

I understand. I assumed that the shaft would be the same for a 60/70 series vacuum pod. As you found it does have a different part number. Maybe interchangeable?

Could be but would hate to pay over $500 for a.part from Japan only to find piece I needed was NLA. Does shows an oil seal that could be at the end. If I ordered it was going to order anything I thought I needed and put a note saying contact first if any are NLA. It's not that $500 would have been that big a deal (this isn't a cheap hobby anymore) but if a little homework can avoided why not.

Could be but would hate to pay over $500 for a.part from Japan only to find piece I needed was NLA. Does shows an oil seal that could be at the end. If I ordered it was going to order anything I thought I needed and put a note saying contact first if any are NLA. It's not that $500 would have been that big a deal (this isn't a cheap hobby anymore) but if a little homework can avoided why not.

That's what the mill and lathe are for

That's what the mill and lathe are for

Before I retired had excess to a complete machine shop. Used it for a Fairey OD and other projects. But that was a while ago. If I had excess would make converting a single direct split case PTO into a two direction a lot easier. Amayama showed the shaft used to shift still available until I ordered it. Besides finding a machine shop I would now have to tear down another PTO to use a pattern. While mill and lathe would do a job need to know where to mill he groove for a oil seal. Only working on converting a PTO.is because I have the 8/80+ 40 series two direction to use a a pattern.

Last edited:
I actually found a complete transfer case with one of these on it. I was ecstatic.

Of course the box got destroyed in transit and I only ended up with the main case halves.

😥

The front case does have the shift fork/shaft so will post up comparison with 60 4wd shaft to at least answer @Living in the Past

Pictorial evidence. Im sure in a Fedex dumpster somewhere now.

6566C058-D51C-4AD7-AF1E-3F25C8605B00.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom