Bizarre sound in center dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Out of nowhere it seems I have a bizarre sound coming from the top center of my dash. Very annoying. Sounds like a bottlecap vibrating against a piece of glass. It increases in intensity when I step on the gas but does not change in intensity with more gas or less gas. Any guess??

There is a small cooling fan inside the dash that blows air on the back of the radio. That could be failing or something is touching the fan.

I had a similar sound (still do, but technically I dont have it now as the truck is undergoing major surgery). My sound seemed to be slightly to the left of the steering wheel, and annoying as all get out. More drive vibration, louder sound.

I fished around under the left of steering wheel fuse area (reached up under the console to the big mass of wires/cables under there), and found when I "pushed up" and held the whole mass up there, the sound went away; tough to do while driving, steering, and listening, but it worked. Shoved a rag up in there and it keeps it quiet about 80% of the time.

My "what's that sound" hack for the day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom