Birfield repack DVD. (not bad) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Absolutely. Consider a hg replacement video as well...

This DVD is an excellent tool to have; it is much better than any manual that I have ever seen and was very well recorded and performed by a confident crew. The whole job was made to look very easy and at a relaxed and at a comfortable pace, so much so that I feel that any one, novice or otherwise could follow this demonstration without fear of getting it wrong. Very well done both of you.

When is the sequel due out so that I can book my tickets for the front seats? Even my wife enjoyed watching it and thought that it was a very professional job all round.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

hefty_merv said:
Wonder how much of a difference there is to the Aussie Knuckles...?

Does anyone know???
Aside from everything being upside-down? :D

The knuckles should be the same.

glad to see this trhead, I am going to have to repack my birfields soon
Kent

tarbe said:
I almost ordered starter contacts and a PHH today! Would have if my lunch hadn't been interrupted (shouldn't eat at my desk). I also already have the fuel filter.

This cannot be coincidence...it must mean we are supposed to film all three of these procedures (eerie music in the background). Then we can put all 5 procedures on one DVD. Give a discount to those that already bought the birf DVD...that would be sweet to have birf/knuckle, rear bearings, PHH, starter contacts and fuel filter all on one DVD.

Would anyone buy that?

Too bad we are rapidly entering the time of year when no man wants to be in a garage in Houston :(

Nice way of restating what i just said. :flipoff2:

concretejungle said:
Nice way of restating what i just said. %$#@^

Much more than just a mere restatement!

"Too bad we are rapidly entering the time of year when no man wants to be in a garage in Houston :( "

With some familiarity, that should read "when no man wants' to be in Houston" regardless of where he is.

If its any consolation, I think its hotter in New England right now. I am looking at the ten day forecast to pick a time for some radiator draining and PHH work, as well as throttle body.

TLCgrappler said:
"Too bad we are rapidly entering the time of year when no man wants to be in a garage in Houston :( "

With some familiarity, that should read "when no man wants' to be in Houston" regardless of where he is.

If its any consolation, I think its hotter in New England right now. I am looking at the ten day forecast to pick a time for some radiator draining and PHH work, as well as throttle body.

Hijack!

I am heading out Friday to do some work on the ranch I hunt on in South Texas. Gonna be 100 on Friday according to the Yahoo forecast. 100 degrees, humid and very little shade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCgrappler
"Would anyone buy that?"

Yes, I would like to have it part of my collection. Keep me informed of when it is available!!

tarbe said:
Hijack!

I am heading out Friday to do some work on the ranch I hunt on in South Texas. Gonna be 100 on Friday according to the Yahoo forecast. 100 degrees, humid and very little shade!

Go ahead and go then, and be sure and scratch up yer new bullbar. I mnight bust out the camera and make a pesky heater hose DVD. But then again, I might go to Surfside and sit on the beach and drink :beer: .

elmariachi said:
Go ahead and go then, and be sure and scratch up yer new bullbar. I mnight bust out the camera and make a pesky heater hose DVD. But then again, I might go to Surfside and sit on the beach and drink :beer: .

I wish I could scratch my new bullbar :frown:

I called ARB today to find out where it is. Their response? Did we say it would hit the states May 20th? We meant June 20th....

So I am still waiting. You watch, Ken Hanna will get me some sliders before ARB will come up with a bar.

Oh, and they always charge the card right off on a drop ship. So I'll have paid for the sucka nearly 2 months before I see it.

BTW, don't do the PHH without me! I wanna see that! I'll stand by with gauze to bind up your bleeding forearms :D

This is terrible. I'm turning into a chat monster on the tech forum. :grinpimp:

elum said:
Sign me up for a DVD! Birfs should get repacked every 100k miles or so?

I have never thought mileage was the barometer. I watch the rear felt wipers and seals on the back of the knuckle, and I also watch the gear oil in the diff. When the oil starts showing signs of moly in it (dark and stinky) then its time.

Sent you the funds via PayPal today, thanks a million for having this and I can't wait for you to personally drop off the DVD and help with the job! That was included in the $12 right? If not I'll have my 9 year old watch it and teach me what she learns:)

sonoranfun said:
Sent you the funds via PayPal today, thanks a million for having this and I can't wait for you to personally drop off the DVD and help with the job! That was included in the $12 right? If not I'll have my 9 year old watch it and teach me what she learns:)

I am calling your bluff. :D I was born at Ft. Huachuca, but my parents moved away when I was 6 months old when Dad left for Nam. I have never been back. You buy me a ticket, pick me up at the airport, provide all the tools and parts and agree to let me drive your truck for a day to see Tucson, and I'll do the entire front rebuild for you.

Last edited:
You buy me a ticket, pick me up at the airport, provide all the tools and parts and agree to let me drive your truck for a day to see Tucson, and I'll do the entire front rebuild for you.

Hey, we almost have a good thing working here, I'll make a deal with you, I'll buy you a ticket into Tucson, pick you up, provide the tools and parts, hell I'll even use a buddies shop with a lift and let you drive my FJ40 (for however long) if you do two things (nuber 1 has to be one of em:) off this list:

1) Front axel on FZJ80
2) OME lift (I hear this is an easy one) and rear wheel bearings
3) Front DBs on FJ40 (I have a mini truck axel)

sonoranfun said:
Hey, we almost have a good thing working here, I'll make a deal with you, I'll buy you a ticket into Tucson, pick you up, provide the tools and parts, hell I'll even use a buddies shop with a lift and let you drive my FJ40 (for however long) if you do two things (nuber 1 has to be one of em:) off this list:

1) Front axel on FZJ80
2) OME lift (I hear this is an easy one) and rear wheel bearings
3) Front DBs on FJ40 (I have a mini truck axel)

I can help you knock #1 and #2 out no sweat. How soon do we have to plan this?

If you're for real, um, I can hold off for a little while. It would be a Sunday that would be best for me to use the shop so I have a lift and everything. I need to get the stuff from CDan and then I'll be in good shape so the soonest I could would be about two weeks but if it were in the 2-4 week range that would be fine. You can email me my username is a yahoo.com email address, if you wanna shot me your number or I'll shoot you mine and we can talk more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom