Bink's Fabrication-Modesto, CA 80 series Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slee, for the record I make no claim of these sliders being better than any other products out there. I'd prefer you not say you guys start slinging product and words because if you read back I'm pretty sure there was no words that came out of my mouth that are arrogant save for when the guy tried to say the cat skid design is gonna bend and I stated I'd buy an 80 and start thrashing on it hard. .

I quoted Booger Weldz in my post since he referred to sliders from a major vendor. I can count the major vendors in 80 sliders on one hand, that is why I am asking. I was trying to figure out why he claims these are better/different.

If you get a vendor star, then post up in there. Most vendors will respect that and not post or comment in a vendor thread, but if the thread exist in general 80's tech, then I feel one can comment.

Landtank just made a suggestion, but you called BS and told him the piece is strong enough. A pointed out by others as well, the piece might be strong enough, but a 7k lb truck on a the tip of that plate is a lot for that piece to support when only attached to the center. I think that is what he was trying to say.

Last edited:
Slant eye gook needs to take driving lessons in Manila
I guess i'll drive your junk and let you spot ************

We got to get Hue to get a set, since he likes to hang out on them. He dragged the **** out of them on up at alpine. Low sliders and low lift with his pintle attached=:doh:

Note, these sliders in the pic are not from any manufacture on this site and were made 10+ years ago

$5 says I could bend them... And not just the cat gaurd! :flipoff2:

DISCLAIMER: That was a jab on how hard I wheel and how my 80 looks like something from a Mad Max film. I am not commenting on the design or strength of the slider. I just know that I can bend just about anything on my 80 no matter how well it's built!

DISCLAIMER: That was a jab on how hard I wheel and how my 80 looks like something from a Mad Max film. I am not commenting on the design or strength of the slider. I just know that I can bend just about anything on my 80 no matter how well it's built!

That I believe, by the looks of your truck:hillbilly:

LMAO :steer:

Yes, if you need a test subject Creeper will take care of that R&D.

I responded with a rather long post but being on hotel WIFI it was dropped.

basically

My comments were just that not accusations of poor craftsmanship

They were more of a concern of the gusset strength than that of the skid itself as others have posted

And, Booger Weldz...grow up!

I'll put up the $5 just to watch:grinpimp:

Agreed, my apologies... New to the mud atmosphere and mentality. Again, my apologies:)

Just gotta say Mud is really a nice atmosphere. I post very little and know almost nothing about these rides. That being said, these guys are always willing to help out (if you're not a *ickhead). I also own a WRX and get info (and sucked into) the Impreza forum NASIOC. That forum is full of *oc*suckers.

I personally would love to see a hi(gh) cat kit, a single little highflow like in a Cobb downpipe for our trucks.

I also like the way the rockrails look. My 80 is my daily. We have a 4 year old and 1 year old. They like to climb in. I have an '85 Hilux to wheel. I also live in the country up 2 miles of dirt road and over 2 creeks. I would be interested in a high mount cat/rock rail/slider from you guys. Those sliders look really bad ass. I want to see them mounted to make sure there is enough there to use as a running board step still. :cheers: Kick some ass Bink!

Last edited:
The problem with a single cat is that in many states it won't pass emissions as the vehicle has to be equipped with the original number of converters. I suppose it could always be offered as an option.

The problem with a single cat is that in many states it won't pass emissions as the vehicle has to be equipped with the original number of converters. I suppose it could always be offered as an option.

Word...I did the cat delete on my 4Skinner. Maybe I should just do it on my 80 too and get some sliders that have nothing hanging down to go around them. You make cat-less sliders Bink?

Bink's Fab Rock Sliders

So I finally had a chance to install the sliders yesterday. It's time to break'em in to see how hard I can slam that cat protector! Love the look and how it kicks out in the back. Much props to Bink's Fab!!!
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG

More photos while servicing at Travis AFB today
imagejpeg_4_2.jpg
imagejpeg_7.jpg
imagejpeg_8.jpg
imagejpeg_6.jpg

Building this stuff is what I live for. Its is really awesome to see this stuff online. I am very pleased with all the response from everyone and am glad to see pics from a happy customer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom