Bike racks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I usually took the front wheel off
xxxxxxx-X2.jpg

I rather have a roof rack. But the outback roof is just to short
jjjjj-X2.jpg

@Patineto
Here is what i ended up with....
86" wide, which is well within CALTRANS (CVC)....

Each side extends about 6" out......

XNTu0uGgisLz2728gsqvKZ-HfMtmk_wVH6uacy1glmoL5AcHsOuJXnl33qPO4hd3JVZGYeUa7-muAZJVzPtamCy1BAswl6N3vDClX4bO7vsNcEcbgswHPFMCKBYXhBGnx_Q4ZspQjcD71vxeNWykJakpQwBaoWDdXJ-alm5aFDOIh2mwmZTw3rsMuAScJrYNZm9kF7MKqBgyvtJaW25pxsyOlbLRt23Gac1yVNkaEJHYZV0O1X6W4V9fe3xjhzDL6igIdEI15mG3FMj3OKULVxuKYklYpNyxXmnVCvtbiXTYHKGLAXMWFL1kJkxfIk1chJYR8EUc0MJDATENu_WmAx3EmsgLCgvzzUMHMm-tKJAFKqtQSTT1rd1K9kltcX_tE6e-FVM_npQEk-L8t00UDSxRUGGYHh9ZEiyd_MBmiFM97BLbbAGlV9F7zmmSP1Qs5DD7LTzYibClYgThl1irLwc_7R9j04RGe6S-ykEyQU_6E4nI8h_ke17glQRBl5UxKBASJMrBxOwxlTkor1wZxGHBvCANQMtQ5gaRGPYhQdDLu2EM8bQG80z7N6uj3CWpoOgglGo6VqiljzVPjrfs8Ya8rrsFYTyyA2npj0ght_8=w1520-h774-no

zDKY_I3MnXNuDyM33L7keqX2ZGwlNTTDH6AZlhhscOgoJYJ9plRBzOPrq9YNIMPoLCSAI3BfGOzig-HIwVUIefT0g1MVeQNEXajEFxDsGULX9nZ_TmZvr8cp2sTaMIKJz5duD3L4Yhs2MMYconqXoiTxlnIMdKP8PkUd7LhwPhF0PGVppeUbVS8tDZw3cHZu11Qf-agfS2B6fa1wsXN8GD889D7XzFNQprvgpVla_f13yCCl6IOKsUNYUeBNc7M9YmYrXnJNasZrqHnUyyyQp_NR7u4jyDDTJCxFVL6txlHFWnRzPif7a58C8WCNHzcBeMAmueu8Dt1GM9JUSztaf3MWHI7OZIMOd4TZ6vI2-VXghcUW0v4SH5jO7eEZUQPwX_UXm0l2g5GiQqCQSzgy2PY0_h4AMzUKdIf3JEbL4Vkjv1KJ_tByjkA8JkkPVuoD__KRySbRW-L0dAgV-6YJhoL7osaiBK-zo0pTf8XjLtKLOrxvCfO1s3HFINtT6H7sbt4NuUi6PaBVHxH0cTHjgM_GYnWgJDA1dLyzhQS9D7oNxEqQLU2tiPqkzyNsguTuKe26HfgLVNcfymKwkBMx29ZBiScWtNZk2tVELx9PbeU=w1248-h848-no

Last edited:
I also use the 1up on my 200. My Yeti XC bike is about even with the width of the LC. It's a large frame with 29" wheels. My Santa Cruz all mountain bike (size large, 29" wheels) sticks out an inch or two on each side when centered on the rack. When carrying both bikes, I have to offset them a little so the bars don't hit.

With no bikes and 2 trays, the rack definitely looks like motorized wheelchair storage.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

1YOmy

I also use the 1up on my 200. My Yeti XC bike is about even with the width of the LC. It's a large frame with 29" wheels. My Santa Cruz all mountain bike (size large, 29" wheels) sticks out an inch or two on each side when centered on the rack. When carrying both bikes, I have to offset them a little so the bars don't hit.

With no bikes and 2 trays, the rack definitely looks like motorized wheelchair storage.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

1YOmy

Is that a Big Top or ARC Carbon?

I've used a Thule T2 for years and have had no issues. I also have the extension to add two more, but rarely use it anymore as the kids are doing their own thing these days. It is a heavy mother with 4 bikes on it. I added a front receiver to the 80 and made a custom adapter so I can put the T2 extension on the front and haul two bikes out front and two bikes on the back of our camp trailer.

I just built a swing-out so I can open the back doors on the 70 with out having to negotiate around the bikes.

P1050711.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my Kuat NV 2+2

73CBE06D-0263-4680-9EB0-1B557FA816D3.jpeg

Anyone know what the deal is between these two 1up websites?

Home

Products – 1UP USA | OFFICIAL SITE

They look like two different companies with nearly the same rack. Both are in WI but in two nearby cities. Someone break off from the original company?

Thanks!
Finally found out what happened here... Apparently the original designer of the Quick Rack lost his patent and thus it became available publicly. Bit of a bitchfest as 1Up decided to not play nice with him so he went about and started his own company (first link) called Quick Rack and then made changes to it based on the feedback he had received from customers over the years. So the Quick Rack company is the V2.0 of the 1Up version.

Recon, Lolo, North Shore
That's in order of build quality and usefulness. Also most expensive to least. All can carry adult and kid bikes. Lolo works best with short stems.

I built my own using a pair of Yakima roof mounts. Bolts to my 4x4 Labs swing out like any other accessory. It’s kind of a bitch around town as it takes so much space to open up. But I can access the rear of the truck without removing it or bikes.

4952B91C-D20E-4B31-B538-9DC8136361F9.jpeg
11B5F826-F54D-4032-985E-985AEA74C736.jpeg
F6DCA7F4-4F98-4094-98F2-27774D31C998.jpeg

Last edited:
I built my own using a pair of Yakima roof mounts. Bolts to my 4x4 Labs swing out like any other accessory. It’s kind of a bitch around town as it takes so much space to open up. But I can access the rear of the truck without removing it or bikes.

View attachment 2028712View attachment 2028713View attachment 2028714
Can you post a pic of your setup from the side? I want to see how far out it sticks out the back. I like the simplicity of your setup and I have a bunch of Yakima stuff from my old Subaru roof top setup.

Can you post a pic of your setup from the side? I want to see how far out it sticks out the back. I like the simplicity of your setup and I have a bunch of Yakima stuff from my old Subaru roof top setup.

In hindsight I wish I had a little more space between the bikes. As luck has it my son’s handlebars hit my dropper post and damaged the anodized finish. So now I just drop it all the way and his grip is into my seat.

F4BB6C81-6BF0-4674-BE4E-FB95B1DEBC66.jpeg

In hindsight I wish I had a little more space between the bikes. As luck has it my son’s handlebars hit my dropper post and damaged the anodized finish. So now I just drop it all the way and his grip is into my seat.

View attachment 2130498
Thank you! I'm planning a cross country trip next Sept with 2 mtb on the back and will be looping down to Moab for a little off roading (mild). My only concern departure angle. Currently running OME stock springs on 33s but might be upgrading to Dobinsons 2" before the trip.

Anybody try this rack? Sorry for the Jeep content

^^^ those work great... until you hit a good bump/dip/rail track crossings on the road....
It has the potential to damage the rack and tire carrier....
saw it first hand on a jeep set up just like the one posted above... (given, it was a jeep).....on a rail road crossing on a rural road.... dude was going around 40mph....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom