BFGoodrich KO3 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I saw this post about KO3 coming:

Interested in any information or perspectives. Based on the photos it looks meaningfully different.

Bout time! Could be a good one to bring back the performance crown.

Excited for them. Don’t like the tread pattern as much as the KO2/1 but I am sure that they’ll perform better.

edit for pics:

6DC59D69-3756-46D4-A47E-2EE11F0C5BE5.jpeg
2A2E5A6D-07F2-4285-A9E7-D2B425B81F0D.jpeg

Perfect timing. I have about 15k left on my KO2. Looking forward to the reviews.

Just a little too late for me otherwise I would have gone for these instead of the KO2's. Wonder how much longer the KO2 will be in production?

Looks like the tread is more “road friendly” with less void???

Just in time….

Last edited:
Here in Aus alot of places are listing KO2's as not available and there is alot of grey imports normally destined for other countries floating around - lower load ratings than the normal 126/123R.
Where a KO2 can be found the prices are unbeleivable, nearing $500 AUD for a 285/75*16 and theyre not USA made stock which reviews of them are not too good :(

Mine (KO2's) are due for replacement soon as well, nearing 80000kms with tread down to about 5mm but theyre getting a little skaty in the wet but zero chipping whatsoever. Did 3 camping trips in the Vic High Country between Christmas and now with lots of gravel, rocks, river crossings & occasional mud with pressures down to 18F 20R and they worked like a charm
So am hoping some good news comes our way here in AUS for availability otherwise might have to look at other offerings however have had nothing but good experience with these and the KO's prior and dont really want to change.

I also see Michelin A/T-2 being out of stock too in some places. Is A/T-3 coming out too??

I need to get a spare KO2 for my motorcycle trailer so I better grab that soon.

I’m really kind of surprised that there is no official statement from BFG on this tire since it is already in production. Is there a big tire/auto show coming up that would warrant keeping this on the down low for a big reveal?

My hopes for this tire are better traction (3 peak), lighter weight and 285/70R18!

Ko2s throw a bit of gravel. Maybe they’ll address that in the tighter tread.

I like the old school looks of the original KO, but progress marches on!

Whale whale whale another shooter at the table. Love it. Will be an exciting release and an important one.

As for the Mich at3 @Madtiger - that would be a welcome addition if that becomes the case. I feel they missed the mark on 2 and lots of market share is ripe for the taking if they get their AT closer to market needs aesthetically and performance wise.

Monitoring TT

There are a lot of good AT options out there now. Probably not worth waiting for if you're due for tires. I wonder if making them true to size is part of the game plan for the new model.

There are a lot of good AT options out there now. Probably not worth waiting for if you're due for tires. I wonder if making them true to size is part of the game plan for the new model.
There are arguments to be made that the current KO2 is unrivaled in being a true AT. TBH, i don’t see many good options out there.

There are arguments to be made that the current KO2 is unrivaled in being a true AT. TBH, i don’t see many good options out there.
Agreed - I’m on my second set. People love to hate on the KO2 for some reason but I love them. This week with all the snow and ice all over Portland, everyone else is using chains but the KO2’s are just cruisin’ around with no drama. Just aired down a bit and went to run my errands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom