BFGoodrich KO3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just looked at the BFG website and they have it listed on their all-terrain page at the bottom:

The only problem is that it says that it's
"Available EXCLUSIVELY on the new 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD & 2024 GMC Sierra HD models

Tire Size - LT275/65R20"

:frown:
We have already seen them on Ford models, so I’m not sure what they are talking about. I suppose we’ll see soon.

Just to blow it up…seems more on-road friendly…maybe worst in mud compared to KO2??

IMG_0195.jpeg

This is speaking solely from an aesthetics point of view, I love the new sidewall design, very reminiscent of the KM3 MT's I ran on my 3500, but that tread design looks a lot like their cheaper Rugged Trail T/A and Trail Terrain T/A had a baby, not digging it. That said, if it doesn't give up performance in all of the areas where the KO2 shines and improves in wet weather conditions then I'll call that a win.

Ko3
1679414151586.jpeg

Ko2 for reference
9A1DD5A4-9BA5-4518-A0BF-21BBBD9CB95D.jpeg

This is speaking solely from an aesthetics point of view, I love the new sidewall design, very reminiscent of the KM3 MT's I ran on my 3500, but that tread design looks a lot like their cheaper Rugged Trail T/A and Trail Terrain T/A had a baby, not digging it. That said, if it doesn't give up performance in all of the areas where the KO2 shines and improves in wet weather conditions then I'll call that a win.

Exactly my thoughts. It also looks very aggressively scalloped in the tread to shoulder face in @thammer62 's pics.
Im not a huge fan of the tread face not being full width. And ive had my eye on KO2 style full contoured integrated shoulder lugs.
I hope whatever this tire ends up being, that the R&D pays off, specially in the compound dept.

Aesthetically, I liked how the KO2 had an old school safari vibe to it. Kind of a Discovery Channel special feeling. The “c” shaped lugs were distinctive. KO3 looks more like the Falken Wildpeak, or any of the other 5-lug-wide tread patterns.

But, I’m sure the KO3 is a better tire in most regards or it wouldn’t be getting released. As hard as it is, it’s better to buy a tire on capability than looks :)

Aesthetically, I liked how the KO2 had an old school safari vibe to it. Kind of a Discovery Channel special feeling. The “c” shaped lugs were distinctive. KO3 looks more like the Falken Wildpeak, or any of the other 5-lug-wide tread patterns.

But, I’m sure the KO3 is a better tire in most regards or it wouldn’t be getting released. As hard as it is, it’s better to buy a tire on capability than looks :)
One of the reasons I went with the wildpeak is that it has something closer to a longitudinal groove like a highway tire compared to the BFG. I believe this will help better in slush and puddles as that is the area the KO2s seemed to be weakest in.

The apple did not fall far from the tree.
imho the difference will be a newer gen rubber compound and manufacturing process. The tread and void pattern looks same same.

When is this tire supposed to really come out?

@Madtiger resident BFG fan-man? Do you know anything?

When is this tire supposed to really come out?

@Madtiger resident BFG fan-man? Do you know anything?
I got nothing. I am sure that it will be class-leading (again).

The apple did not fall far from the tree.
imho the difference will be a newer gen rubber compound and manufacturing process. The tread and void pattern looks same same.
I HOPE that it won’t have Silica in it……which is very trendy these days in newer tires.

What are the trade-offs of adding silica?
From another thread, i actually don’t mind cutting back on Silica compound…….they make tires softer and less tough off-road. So, having lots of silica is great for on-road and performance when tires wear down. But for off-road tires, you actually want less silica (Per article below).

Here is the thread with link to article: Good Article on AT Tires - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/good-article-on-at-tires.1302767/

There’s simply no way this tire isn’t going to be a marked improvement over the prior. It’s too iconic to screw up as the industry segment benchmark. Likely been in testing and massaging it for years. The only potential tiny yellow flag is products developed during Corona madness haven’t seemed to exceed expectations in my experience. Exceptions exist, of course.

As a reminder the source I referenced said 4/1 launch. I’d think late spring absolute latest since it’s now on their website.

There’s simply no way this tire isn’t going to be a marked improvement over the prior. It’s too iconic to screw up as the industry segment benchmark. Likely been in testing and massaging it for years. The only potential tiny yellow flag is products developed during Corona madness haven’t seemed to exceed expectations in my experience. Exceptions exist, of course.

As a reminder the source I referenced said 4/1 launch. I’d think late spring absolute latest since it’s now on their website.

Got a link? I don't see it on the BFG website and curious about sizing. I have had nothing but good luck with KO2s and would love to try the KO3.

Got a link? I don't see it on the BFG website and curious about sizing. I have had nothing but good luck with KO2s and would love to try the KO3.
At the bottom. Not the info you were hoping for.

I saw this headline and thought they were finally announcing the KO3. NOPE! This tire will be releasing on April 1st though.. I don't even see it listed on the BF Goodrich website anywhere..

I saw this headline and thought they were finally announcing the KO3. NOPE! This tire will be releasing on April 1st though.. I don't even see it listed on the BF Goodrich website anywhere..

Good looking tire!! Wow. This may be a killer tire for our LCs.

DuraTrac fighter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom