BFG AT KO2's (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have experience with the new KO2's? I wanted MT's for the 40 project but 4 Wheel Parts seems to have a food price on the new AT.

33x10.50R15, All-Terrain T/A KO2

Thanks,
Luis

I had a set on my 3rd gen 4runner and liked them. That said, I only had them for a few thousand miles before selling the truck. Only complaint was that they picked up more small gravel then the original BFG AT.

Thanks Ivan,

I went ahead and bought them. We'll see hiw they work once I get the 40 assembled and running, maybe in about 10 years. 4 wheel parts had them on sale for $154 on the 33x10.5x15

ML

That's a good deal, Luis.

That's a good deal, Luis.

Yes, that is why I bought them. My wife was making fun of me cause the 40 is still in pieces. "why would I need new tires for a pile of junk".

Yes, that is why I bought them. My wife was making fun of me cause the 40 is still in pieces. "why would I need new tires for a pile of junk".
I have a suspension and axles for a 40 I haven't event bought yet. Got the same response from my wife.

Trying to find a good place to ask this question - the BFG KO2 come in 2 versions - I just received this from the chat on the BFG site: the BFG KO2 part number 23104 is a winter tire and the 45062 is an all weather tire. I cant find anything on line about the difference between the 2. I assume I want the 45062 since I am not in the snow often. Anyone have knowledge or experience about which is better for ride/longevity etc? Again, I see nothing online that talks about these differences. Thanks!

I had the same exact tires on my first 80. Loved them. No complaints. My cousin also has a set on his 80. He likes them a lot also. Kind of wish they fit my new 80.

I think I remember the following from discussion about KO2s in the 200 section: Some versions of the KO2 come in a “DT” aka different tread compound that isn’t as soft for longer wear. These don’t have the “three peak” symbol. Originally some people hauling a lot of weight with KO2s were wearing them out very quickly so BFG introduced the DT model.
I don’t see this explicitly listed on their site anymore.. maybe things have changed.

more info here:BFG KO2 vs KO2 "DT"

I got 70k out of some k02's on my Tundra and they are still in the green according to discount tire. Fantastic ride and traction IMO.

Sounds like my wife? I try and console her with “hey, I’m saving money”

A constant refrain I'm sure every cruiser wife hears... :rofl: I know mine does.

I think I remember the following from discussion about KO2s in the 200 section: Some versions of the KO2 come in a “DT” aka different tread compound that isn’t as soft for longer wear. These don’t have the “three peak” symbol. Originally some people hauling a lot of weight with KO2s were wearing them out very quickly so BFG introduced the DT model.
I don’t see this explicitly listed on their site anymore.. maybe things have changed.

more info here:BFG KO2 vs KO2 "DT"
Thanks. This looks like the answer I was looking for.. they still don't use the serial number to help differentiate the tires, but I expect what I was looking at was DT and non DT tires...I am guessing the 45062 are the DT tires

Thanks. This looks like the answer I was looking for.. they still don't use the serial number to help differentiate the tires, but I expect what I was looking at was DT and non DT tires...I am guessing the 45062 are the DT tires

Yeah, I did some digging on those part numbers and couldn't find that one (Or one of them.. I think that was it).

KO2s aren't very good in ice and dispersed snow anyway, for the record. Even the three peak version. Not sure if the difference between these two models translates to different wet traction, but if the compound is made harder to return better lifespan it is reasonable to assume there is some difference. How much? who knows.

FWIW, I just got a set of 5 33x10.5R15 at Lamb's and they were able to significantly beat the 4WP price. Basically he just got me the 5th tire for free, but I was able to get them mounted, balanced, and the truck aligned for the price of just the tires at 4WP. I'm a bit more confident in the techs there too. Out the door with tire insurance was $1166.

FWIW, I just got a set of 5 33x10.5R15 at Lamb's and they were able to significantly beat the 4WP price. Basically he just got me the 5th tire for free, but I was able to get them mounted, balanced, and the truck aligned for the price of just the tires at 4WP. I'm a bit more confident in the techs there too. Out the door with tire insurance was $1166.

I was able to get the same deal from discount tire when I bought those tires a few years ago on my old 80. I think it was right around $1000 +\-. Great tires, especially for the price.

Does anyone know of a tire shop up north (Cedar Par/Leander) that will mount a 33x10.50 onto stock 40/55 rims? Discount wouldn't touch them this morning. Looking at the Toyo Open Country MT per Nolan's recommendation in the tall and skinny thread.

Do not go to the tire shop on New Hope and 183, he will ripped you off. I usually take mine to Edgar’s tire shop on North Lamar.

A.J

Well, it ain't up north but I got my 33x10.5 tires put on my 15" x 6" FJ62 stock wheels with no problem at Austin Tireman. Bought the KO2s through them as well at a good price. I actually took 33x12s off that wheel...

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 2.28.05 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom