BF Goodrich 305/70 16 MT's on stocker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will these tires work on a stocker? I need new tires now and wont be getting my lift until end of Jan. Thx

You should be Ok with these tires. Remember these are a 33' tire. So if you go alot of articulation/wheeling you might get some rubbing.

If you are planning on getting a lift in a few short months, than go for it.

These will look really good. I have the same 305's and they are great.

Greg

You should be Ok with these tires. Remember these are a 33' tire. So if you go alot of articulation/wheeling you might get some rubbing.

If you are planning on getting a lift in a few short months, than go for it.

These will look really good. I have the same 305's and they are great.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I am not going wheeling anytime soon. I had planned to replace the tires when I get the lift, but I just blew out a tire and figured why buy more tires than I need. This will work out great. Do you have a lift on your vehicle and if so which one? Any pics with these tires. Thanks

you'll be fine. i put on some BFG A/T 305/70/16's on my stock wheels prior to a lift.

285/75R16s will work as well as the 305s. Rare cases of stock rubing due occur due to the sag in stock suspension. Some are worse and some are better. But, in any case, you 99% should be fine with those tires and are you planning to upgrade to 35s after your lift? what lift are you planning on upgrading to? If its gonna be bigger than a 2.5 inch you might as well save up your money for some 37s or so and gears rather than get the new tires now. 33s look and perform great on the ome 2.5 anyways. Here are some 33s almost flexed out on my rig wiht an ome 2.5.

vbpgimage.php

You may want to think long and hard on the 33 inch yes they fit stock but so will 35's if your careful. Once you lift you will probably want the 35's. You can get your foot in the wheel well with the 33's and a 2.5 inch lift.

Will these tires work on a stocker? I need new tires now and wont be getting my lift until end of Jan. Thx

I just put these on my LX450 tonight. It's all stock - and loud (yes, I've had MTs before but not -this- LOUD. Read on. ;)) I bought these used, for very little, so I was fully aware of the very odd wear. :cool:

Check out the weird wear pattern after a 5 minute drive around the 'hood. Looks like I need to do some burnouts and smooth out the taller lugs. :eek: :lol:

Did I mention how freakin' loud these are? :doh: I'll give 'em a little time and if they don't even out, and quiet down, I'll be looking for something a little less aggressive. :hmm:

Sorry I'm off on a tangent, but yeah, they fit just fine for the road. The trail, from what others have said in many other threads, you're ~probably~ totally fine w/o rubbage.
305-KM1.jpg
305-KM2.jpg
305-KM3.jpg

Thanks for all the info and pics. I am doing the 2.5 OME at the end of this month, but a premature tire failure is forcing me to get tires first. I just wanted to make sure that the 305's would be OK for a few weeks until the 2.5 OME goes on. This is a daily driver, so I am trying to stay away from 35's and a re-gear. Thx, MUK

I had 295/75r16's on my stock height. The 295's are a little taller but (obviously) narrower. They fit, but I would've been rubbing with some flex.

SEE PICS HERE

The 2.5 OME is a good fit, as long as you don't weigh your rig down. I have the HVY/MED lift and it was fine until I added bumpers and sliders. I get quite a bit of rubbing inside the rear wells and I drag myself over lots of obstacles. Consider the type of wheeling you'll be doing and armour you'll add before jumping into a lift. I now need to get taller springs.

285/75R16s 295/75R16s & 305/70R16s will all fit without any lift.

I just put these on my LX450 tonight. It's all stock - and loud (yes, I've had MTs before but not -this- LOUD. Read on. ;)) I bought these used, for very little, so I was fully aware of the very odd wear. :cool:

Check out the weird wear pattern after a 5 minute drive around the 'hood. Looks like I need to do some burnouts and smooth out the taller lugs. :eek: :lol:

Did I mention how freakin' loud these are? :doh: I'll give 'em a little time and if they don't even out, and quiet down, I'll be looking for something a little less aggressive. :hmm:

Sorry I'm off on a tangent, but yeah, they fit just fine for the road. The trail, from what others have said in many other threads, you're ~probably~ totally fine w/o rubbage.

Where did you get those rims? They look really nice

They are loud due to the uneven wear pattern. A new set or used set with even wear would not be so loud. Most likely the wear pattern is due to the vehicle they came off of and not a problem with the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom