Best Wiper Blades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have Michelin blades on 4 cars and they do great on everything except the drivers side of the 200. They chatter.

Bosch Icon- yes they are expensive but Ive found them to work flawlessly for 3yrs now. They work like a squeegee- steak and smear free. I tried the rainX and returned them.

My 1976 is road worthy wheeler with a lot of fab work and a 350. I’m not worried about original stuff as much. When Look on the Toyota parts websites I dont see refills. I bought a pair of 15” blade and frame at Oreilly but the connector wouldn’t work on the Toyota arm. It would appear that blades no longer come with the load of plastic parts like they used to. Is there a specific brand out there now that does have a proper adapter?

Last edited:
Some manufacturers have gone to where there is two different part numbers one without the plastic connectors and one with the plastic connectors that fit fit import vehicles. I ran into that issue earlier this year buying wiper blades for a tundra.

I found this ANCO blade. It works on the stock arms. A little difficult to find but I thought I’d post here for people with the same issue.

FC70F7C4-47E5-4A63-9357-BD37991F722F.jpeg

OEM Toyota refills used to perform very, very well. Then, a few years ago or so, I can't remember exactly, the refill rubber changed and wasn't nearly as good as previous and the price went up. And, where we live, the UV and degradation effect plays hell on wiper blade rubber; nothing I've tried lasts more than a year.

Just installed these on the LBZ and the Corolla after having a Trico brand rubber split after less than 1-year on the truck: Amazon product ASIN B07DRP8MS4

Any up to date views on which blades seem to work best? I am in hot sunny dusty conditions. Had always used the Toyota genuine refills but the latest set hardly lasted 18 months and are now terribly cracked (which has never happened before with the orig items).

I’m using a C brand from Amazon now. The Icons lasted a good long spell for me but finally died. Couldn’t justify the $$$$.

Whatever random brand I have now is very similar to what’s posted above.

Been happy so far. Quality is as good as icons. About 1 year old now. Made it through Death Valley and Mojave road. Made it through snow and crud in Tahoe.

I just picked one that had tons of 5star review.

China…somethings, they get right I guess.

Another vote for PIAA They really do have a material the holds up far better than straight rubber. Also, their windshield sealant is second to none. It’s also applied by the blade as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom