Best Upcoming Year That Meets The 25yo Rule? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I'm sold. I want the 70 series. However, I'm not in a hurry either.

Let's suppose I can wait another 5 years. Is there a significant update on a specific year within that range?

What about a few years after 5 years? Is there something you absolutely want to watch for?

With perhaps the exception of a factory cup holder, I don’t think the 70 Series has changed much in the last 1,000 years. 😁

Sometimes I go to carfromjapan.com just to see what kind of stuff will be available for import in the next few years. They have tons of land cruisers and it's easy to scope out the market and what could potentially be available through other means. I probably wouldn't use the website for purchase unless someone could vouch for them.
Anyway, I don't have a specific model advice but it would be a good tool to give yourself an idea.

If I remember correctly, the 2001 HZJ7x made the switch to front coil suspension which should improve the ride if you're looking at a heavy duty LC.

If I remember correctly, the 2001 HZJ7x made the switch to front coil suspension which should improve the ride if you're looking at a heavy duty LC.
Pretty sure that upgrade happened in 1999. Not much changed from then until 2007.

Ok I'm sold. I want the 70 series. However, I'm not in a hurry either.

Let's suppose I can wait another 5 years. Is there a significant update on a specific year within that range?

What about a few years after 5 years? Is there something you absolutely want to watch for?
If you want a lhd diesel your choices are only going to get slimmer as Toyota LC's sales where dropping hard in Europe from 1995 and the last few years they sold the 70 there was the mwb 73 which then was called HZJ74 (99,00.01.02) and the few that are still running around of those have doubled in value in the past 3 years as they keep racking up miles.

If you don't mind getting a rhd then I would take a look at what is for sale now in Japan or Auss that is a few year to new , just remember when they get close to 25 years old and be ready for export to the US prices will go up significantly , sometimes it is better to buy one that is a bit to young and just store it somewhere untill it turns 25 years , I have several like that parked in Europe ;)

Hello,

Post-1999 models have front suspension arms and ride a little softer than their predecessors.

You may want to wait until 2025 for one of these.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom